Having trouble draining last 2 gallons of liquid from kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew hoperator

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting getting the last 2 gallons of liquid from my SS Converted keg. I have a pick up tube that goes to a compression fitting and then goes into the bulk head.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Do you have a hose attached to the valve? If not, once the fluid level gets below the bulkhead it'll stop flowing. With a hose, it will continue to draw until the level drops below the pickup tube (assuming the end of the hose is below the bottom of the kettle!). Also, be sure the hose is snug on the valve - any leak there and it will lose suction.

:mug:

Do you have a hose attached to the valve? If not, once the fluid level gets below the bulkhead it'll stop flowing. With a hose, it will continue to draw until the level drops below the pickup tube (assuming the end of the hose is below the bottom of the kettle!). Also, be sure the hose is snug on the valve - any leak there and it will lose suction.

:mug:

Did not have a hose, thanks for the tip.

Back