Face to Face with The Dark Lord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StankAle

Reaction score
I simply cannot believe my luck!!
I am not sure how many of you out there are familiar with Three Floyd's Beer in Munster Indiana and their annual "Dark Lord Day". This is an event that is held in the celebration of their Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout. The beer is only sold once a year. This year there were over 5,000 people!! I sadly left the event without any Dark Lord as I am sure many others did as well. The line to buy the beer went about a 1/2 mile or so around the block.

Well today I hopped in to my local liquor store to buy some "special" beer to go along with my homebrew I am taking on a camping trip.
And that is when I saw it:
dsc01825bz7.jpg

Not one but 5 bottles of the Dark Lord himself!!!!

Here's a description of the beer from the bottle:
Dark Lord is a gargantuan Russian Style Imperial Stout, with a reverse cascading head that starts out billowing the color of burnt oil like the Dark Lord rising from the black primordial beginnings. It's Resonant vinous aroma has been described as cherries, sweet malt, molasses, burnt currants, plum with a port wine alcohol undertow. Mochachino notes buried within. Motor oil consistency, hellishly smooth, yet divinely burnt and vinous. The first sip coats your palate with a palatial charred fruit and chocolate blanket. Alcohol burn wiggles its way down your throat with a thick body.
at $25.00 a bottle this hurt the pocketbook a bit. I am selling one to a friend and perhaps one on Ebay.
The rest are for me......
Muaaahhhaaaahhaaahhhaaa!!!!

Yes I am well familiar with that place when I lived in the Region. Great stuff too but not for the faint of heart that is for sure.

I'm jealous! :drunk:

I have a bottle from this year. I don't think I'll be drinking it for at least 2. Should have gotten two bottles (friend went up and got them).

Oh my god $25 a bottle? And is that hand dipped black wax over the top? Tell the truth. You sold your soul for these bottles, didn't you?

I went to the crossroads at midnight.....to meet up with the Dark Lord.....
He told me "Boy, I can get you what you desire....All I ask is your soul in return. (And $25.00 a bottle, plus tax.)"
I think you all know the ending to this story......

The devil went down to Georgia, he was lookin for a soul to steal.... :D

Back