If it ain't broke . . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you are like me and start to “fix” your beer before you know if it’s “broken?” My worst case was after reading the witbier article in BYO and basing a recipe on that. I ended up brewing it three time over a four week period in an attempt to improve technique and ingredients. There’s only one bottle left from the first batch. I kegged the second batch and that’s about to kick. The third one (kegged also) is on the side conditioning. I was sure that the first one was ruined, the second one passable and the third may be finally right. Problem is that the first two were good enough that I have to wonder if the third will live up to the expectations. Did I fix stuff that didn’t need to be changed?

Am I the only one with really bad patience?

Edit: I didn't drink all that beer from the first two myself. Had lots of help and no complaints.

No, you made three variations of the same style. Your only mistake is not keeping enough of each batch around to do side-by-side comparisons.:tank:

Guess you'll have to start over.

Back