Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you grab a tube of Keg Lube instead of KY... :eek:

I think more importantly one of two things though: 1) Why was your keg lube anywhere near "the deed", or 2) How could you risk unsanitary conditions if you were near your brews?!

:mug::drunk:

I think as long as he got some star san and gave his junk a quick dunk to get rid of the funk, he could proceed as usual.

Keg Lube is great for more than just kegs you know. Helps with the o-rings in the more beer style QD's and so much more. Plus, it's food safe, so it has to be safe for internal use (or semi-internal) too. :rockin: Besides, a little goes a long way with Keg Lube... :ban:

Keg Lube is great for more than just kegs you know. Helps with the o-rings in the more beer style QD's and so much more. Plus, it's food safe, so it has to be safe for internal use (or semi-internal) too. :rockin: Besides, a little goes a long way with Keg Lube... :ban:

Now have you bothered calling the manufacturer to verify if it's condom safe? Something tells me they don't specify on the packaging...

You might be addicted to homebrewing if:

You are drinking coffee in the morning and you notice that there is a piece of something floating around in it and the first thing that pops into your head is "it is probably just a piece of hops."

I was driving with some friends in Portland and passed a building that had a sign that said "WY east" I laughed and pointed.....no one else got it.....

When heading to a special occasion or a party for someone, it is no longer necessary to stop and buy them a gift on the way. I'm sure there's a six pack of their liking somewhere around the house :)

You're confused when Yooper's avatar isn't the Leather-clad, whip wielding, Dominatrix!

Or you're happy when she changes it back to the whip wielding dominatrix...

I was originally thinking that.. but wanted it to have less Stalker/Creeper/Serial Killer tone to my post ;) I think she already has a couple stalkers round here.

...when you're making maple&brown sugar oatmeal for lunch and you wonder if you can extract more sugar from letting it "mash" longer.

Then you wonder how much it would take to make a true "breakfast stout" with oatmeal packets!

You are at the gym an wonder if a protein powder could mix well with a home-brew.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

LVBen said:
You might be addicted to homebrewing if:

You are drinking coffee in the morning and you notice that there is a piece of something floating around in it and the first thing that pops into your head is "it is probably just a piece of hops."

You might be an addict if:
You dry hop your coffee.
I found a loose pellet and thought what the he'll. No bad but the pellet was a couple days old and kinda stale.

You tell the family to deal with the fact that the fridge is gonna be set to 53° because that's where your lager is most active

NWMOBrewer said:
When watching Top Shot, and they shoot 3 gallon carboys, you shed a tear because you could have fermented in those.

As I watched that the other day, I thought the same thing :(

While making your 4-month-old a bottle of formula, you scoop the powder in the bottle and wonder how many grams of DME that would be if you were making a starter.

You pick your new license plates because the numbers match your favorite Wyeast.

If you see a Chevy van with plates "WY 3711" honk.

You get disappointed when you go to the columbus day parade and find out it is for a sailor and nothing to do with your favorite hop

When you are reading an article on Mythology, and suddenly realise that Baphomet / Hades / Pan would be great names for a Belgian Golden Strong Ale.

You then order the ingredients for the Belgian Golden Strong Ale, because you just HAVE to name it Baphomet's Belgian Golden Strong Ale.

+1.

I have Mephisto's Unholy Covenant in the planning stages now. It shall be pitched on the WLP570 cake from Mephisto's Fructification (a Belgian pale ale).

you know your an addict when you have 3 hot women over taking off there clothes practising burlesque and your reading this thread instead of watching boobies.

nylar said:
you know your an addict when you have 3 hot women over taking off there clothes practising burlesque and your reading this thread instead of watching boobies.

Actually you might be gay.

no my girl is one of them and ive slept with all 3 already. love an open relationship lol

You took all the glasses out of your beer freezer to make room for hops

Your house has designated "dry areas" and "wet areas" for storing and fermenting.

Your spouse has bought half your gear as gifts just to be able to name a style she wants you to make.

I moved my clothes to the garage to make room for more carboys in the closet..... *sigh*

You have more cubic feet of freezer/fridge space dedicated to brewing (keezer, fermentation chamber, bottle fridge, yeast/hop/etc freezer) than you do for other food.

Whenever you see any food, you wonder "can I mash it?", "should I add that to the boil, during fermentation, or in the keg?", "will adding that improve or hurt my head retention?", etc.

Guilty for alot of these.. especially wasting most of a day at work doing brewing research. Also, I took last Friday off to brew.. it was a great day!

If you own more refrigerators or freezers for beer than you do for food.
If your entire fenceline is dedicated to growing hops.

I read this and thought, "I don't remember writing that."

But I could have.

And it would have been accurate.

You may be addicted if when you don't have the money to buy the next brew and you don't see it happening any time soon, you start to notice the effects of depression coming on. *sniff* anybody care to share some zoloft?

You steam brussel sprouts for dinner & while eating them keep thinking they look like whole hops.........

Back