South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 2!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Central PA but am flying out of Philly soon, coming back on March 12th and staying overnight with friends in Philly. Is there someone who could pick up and hold some grain for me? I could pick up grain the 12th or perferrably the 13th.

Or, we are coming back to Philly to visit the same friends the last weekend in March (26th-28th). If either of those work for someone, I'd be in for 6-8 bags.

I can do that.:mug:

Ok, just need a 3rd person now :)

I live in Central PA but am flying out of Philly soon, coming back on March 12th and staying overnight with friends in Philly. Is there someone who could pick up and hold some grain for me? I could pick up grain the 12th or perferrably the 13th.

Or, we are coming back to Philly to visit the same friends the last weekend in March (26th-28th). If either of those work for someone, I'd be in for 6-8 bags.

I could do that for you if you want. I'm in Maple Shade, about 15 minutes from center city

Ok, just need a 3rd person now :)

I could do that for you if you want. I'm in Maple Shade, about 15 minutes from center city

Sethga, That would be great! In that case, I'll take that last 1/3 of wheat and add to that:

1 TF&S Optic
1 TF&S Golden Promise
1 Best Malz Munich
1 Best Malz Vienna
2 Best Malz Pils
1 MFB. Pils

I'm going to contact a local friend and see if he needs any as well

Sethga, That would be great! In that case, I'll take that last 1/3 of wheat and add to that:

1 TF&S Optic
1 TF&S Golden Promise
1 Best Malz Munich
1 Best Malz Vienna
2 Best Malz Pils
1 MFB. Pils

I'm going to contact a local friend and see if he needs any as well

I don't work Fridays so if you could meet me Friday that would be best for me

Could you update my order to make the FB-PALE crushed? thanks. I think I'm going to use it all pretty quickly.

just to make sure i haven't missed anything, double check your orders. we are only 2 bags short!

"just to make sure i haven't missed anything, double check your orders. we are only 2 bags short!"

I would like to change the Munich to BZ Munich. Also, is Sethga's order in there?

Lordura can you change my order from CM pils and CM wheat to BM pils and BM pale wheat? Thanks

I heard from my friend, he's in for a bag of BM Pils and a bag of BM wheat. He'd also be up for partials of a pale male (Optic or MO) and some Munich.

Just add this to my total and I'll deal with him later. I was going to take 1/3 of the last wheat I think.

I don't work Fridays so if you could meet me Friday that would be best for me

If the order comes by the 12th, I think our flight comes in early evening and we could head right over. If it isn't in by then we can come down earlier in the day on the 26th.

If the order gets taken care of real quick we might be able to stop and pick it up before our flight on the 5th. I do know that flight is at 5:50 PM

anyone interested in going in on that Roasted Barley other then flyerwire and me?? I'd do a 1/3 sack!

hey we have some serious brewers in our area, and we usually dont brew 3 gal batches LOL

Hey Todd you snoozed on this one.. Looks like we will need another buy before Big Brew Day.

hey we have some serious brewers in our area, and we usually dont brew 3 gal batches LOL

Hey Todd you snoozed on this one.. Looks like we will need another buy before Big Brew Day.

hmm, when and where is big brew day? I havent seen any brew days for this area even though we just filled a pallet in under 24 hours

ill take the 3rd of C120! Looks like we need a once a month group buy!!!

Also I dont have big car.. but I dont mind holding grain for anyone.. I am in central south jersey.. Medford. Let me know if you need me.

Our club has a 40 gallon kettle and a mash tun to match for doing 30 gallon batches....and a burner to push it all as well. We have access to a mash tun that will hold at least 6 sacks of grain, maybe more. We can easily do 150 gallon batches, quite possibly over 200 gallons at a pop if we wanted to. We keep it real, but we keep it low key as well.

All right.. my splits are done, so it looks like:

1xGW-C40 - 1/3 sethga, 1/3 ty5592, 1/3 pjj2ba

1xGW-C120 - 1/3 sethga, 1/3 ty5592, 1/3 rtt121

flyerwire. I see earlier you are interested in 1/3 of honey. You are more than welcome to 1/3 the honey on my list. Let me know

Does that sound funny?

When is the anticipated pickup date? I'm on a on-call rotation and if I was able to know when the pickup should be, I'd be interested.

hah i guess it came out right the first time i wrote it. But absolutely 1/3 is yours.

ha yeah, i understood it

i owe random people money then as i didnt get a full bag... how did you handle split payments last time? One person pay for the bag and the splits pay that person?

Also, I live in Springfield, PA and can take any grain back to my place if it is easier for some to pick it up.

Ok i have My actual order
Barids Pale ale x2
CM 2 Row x1
marris otter x1
Best Munich x1

1 lb summit hops
1 lb simcoe

How do you handle money? have paypal if that helps. When do you order and where is your p/u location. Sorry for all the ?s. thanks for setting this up

T&F MO is good, if you need to fill anymore, i could take a bag of wheat, but not necessary, looks like it's full already. Srry didn't realize that hops only came in 11lb bricks.

Looks like the pallet is full! This has to be some kind of record for the quickest pallet!

So now all we have to do is verify our orders so i can get everybody's totals together and send out payment details.

After payment has been received, we can set up our delivery date!

Sorry to anyone who missed out this time around. I'm sure there will be another one VERY soon.

... how did you handle split payments last time? One person pay for the bag and the splits pay that person?

each person involved in a split would get charged 1/3rd of the price so everything is paid for and there is less confusion on the pickup date.

It seemed like those Homer Buckets worked well for everyone last time who split up their grain. Anyone bringing a scale again this time?

How about a 2 pallet order? Lol. We can take at least 6 sacks, maybe another 10 total. We'll get in on the next order. I can't imagine being able to fill another pallet. If anyone wants to split their 1/3 sack of specialty, let me know.

Is it possible to do a second pallet? I could do 4-5 bags myself. Lodura I already sent you a PM, but hear it is again.

1 Sack CM 2 ROW
2 Sacks BZ PILS
1 TF-MOPA

I could also do a sack of BZ Pale wheat if we need to get more sacks together.

Latest posts

Back