Another "Where to drill kegerator" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
I got this fridge off craigslist:
Frigidaire Products - PLRU1778E

I want to fit two kegs and a fermenter in the bottom, so I need to place the co2 tank outside. I already have it running on a Ranco controller.

Does anybody have experience with drilling this kind off appliance ?

There is a part manual that shows the location of all the compressor parts (ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/StCloud/5995537833.pdf) on page 8.

I don't know alot about fridges, would it be ok to go out through the back or side above the radiator at the bottom of the fridge? It looks like everything is contained in the bottom part of the fridge

Thanks for your help!

I am new to fridges myself, but from what I have read they usually tend to have compressor parts on the bottom and the Condenser coil is located on the top with a water collecting tray so you might want to check out how far and where it is as you definitely don't want to break that puppy.
I got my CO2 line from the top in my kegerator but I was lucky to be able to open the top to see how far the condenser coil went.
Sides are the best place for drilling a hole usually and looks wise ideally you are going to end up putting the CO2 tank on the side so having the pipe come form the top would make it look funny.

However the condenser lines may run all around as well... they do if it's anything like the small 4.9cu ft Frigidaire I got from Lowe's...

From the schematic it there are coils on the back halfway down, I don't see that they connect to anything else. The condensor is on the bottom. The sides and top look clear.
Carefully start your hole from the inside, cutting through the plastic liner. That way you can check for line before punching through them.

Back