Carboys on Ebay... Is this possible??!!??!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be a collector then of fine and rare carboys. Wonder how much I could get for my (5) 5-6.5 gallon carboys? I know glass is expensive to ship, but damn! Not getting into this one though :D

A while back I heard the comment that the internet basically killed the price tag since you see all the offers at one place and you can decide which one to take. That's why it has become practice to tag on hidden fees or have a bait and switch scheme, in order to have a low price tag and get your attention. Luckily most of us have already become aware of that and will take the shipping and other costs into consideration when making a purchase.

Kai

LOL, well I know my last two cost me $19 each so I guess I will wait until the new carboy collectors guide book comes out to see if they up'ed in price any. :D

WortMonger said:
LOL, well I know my last two cost me $19 each so I guess I will wait until the new carboy collectors guide book comes out to see if they up'ed in price any. :D

Well, I bet you can sell them for ~$65 to that guy in San Diego who would have to pay $73 for em. You get a hefty profit and he pays $8 less. :)

I tell ya what Stang - I got 2 pin locks. For $213 - you can have them both - shipping included. Please PM me your email and you can send paypal payment immediately and I'll ship it out this weekend. :p

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Go to the chemistry department at your university. They ship HNO3 in these, and then are required to rinse them 7 times before putting them out for paid disposal. You can get all the 6.5gal carboys you want for free, and no, there won't (or shouldn't) be any nitric acid left in them.

mrkristofo said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Go to the chemistry department at your university. They ship HNO3 in these, and then are required to rinse them 7 times before putting them out for paid disposal. You can get all the 6.5gal carboys you want for free, and no, there won't (or shouldn't) be any nitric acid left in them.

That's awesome, I just wonder about liability

Doc Thirst said:
I've had several (2 or 3 anyway) Wii auctions pulled for "erroneous" shipping charges over the last 18 month. What's erroneous you ask...20 bucks according to ebay.

Were you selling systems or games? Because that is erroneous if you're just selling games. Media mail is like $5.

Back