Thanksgiving Dinner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanksgiving Dinner?

• Turkey

• Ham

• Lamb

• Beef

• Other

• Nader!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Adolphus79

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's Turkey Day, but I also know that not everyone eats turkey... what are you making this fine holiday?

I for one am having Maple Glazed, Corn cob smoked ham...

swmbo was ill yesterday so all plans got pushed back a day. So I will be making....a four and a half hour drive:ban:
On Friday however. I will be making both turkey and ham

I've got a turkey on the smoker right now, stuffing and green bean casserole in the oven, dinner rolls on the cooling racks, yams ready to go in, and pumpkin pie in the refrigerator (homemade last night).

and gravy.... DON'T FORGET THE GRAVY !!! :p

A standing rib roast and a couple of this years merriam turkeys. Washed down by lots of HB and a Dallas win!!

Never gotten one myself, but those mail order cured/smoked hams are awesome!!!

The usual turkey BUT I had planned on doing a turkey in my new Choo-choo BBQ. Smoke that sucka for about 8 hours. Decided against it as we already have a 20#'er in the oven and not the usual crowd.

But, I did buy the turkey to smoke anyways (since it was on sale) and I'll report in after I cook that boid up!

Have a great Bird Day!

And a HB....or 4!:mug:

Thanksgiving without Turkey is like a day without sunshine.

I remember living in Germany and getting Army buddy to get me my annual bird for Thanksgiving from the PX. It was a 22 pounder which I explicitly asked for cause we invited our landlord upstairs to our apartment for dinner. The look on his face was priceless when I told him it was a 10 Kilo Truthahn.

The funny thing was these folks were vegetarians, but being gracious guests, the thought they would try it. The landlord's wife gave him all sorts of grief after his THIRD helping of turkey and my wife's 3 bread, Sage Sausage, Apple Pecan stuffing. My SWMBO reformed a vegetarian. Whoo Hoo!

Back