Brutus Style Brewstand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I used (modified): http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/14085118/1257679793/name/Brutus.pdf

I lowered the bottom braces, removed the bottom middle cross support, and made the burner openings 13"x13" (instead of 12"x13"). I also ran a BWP gas manifold as my completely novice welding skills were not up to the rail-type shown.

Plans are perfect otherwise, and having the cut list is awesome. I actually sent this to the steel company and he cut from it (again, with my mods).

When I had been pricing out having someone build for me this was invaluable.

Wow I wished I had seen that before before I started my research, it could have saved me a ton of time.

This is what I used (modified): http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/14085118/1257679793/name/Brutus.pdf

I lowered the bottom braces, removed the bottom middle cross support, and made the burner openings 13"x13" (instead of 12"x13"). I also ran a BWP gas manifold as my completely novice welding skills were not up to the rail-type shown.

Plans are perfect otherwise, and having the cut list is awesome. I actually sent this to the steel company and he cut from it (again, with my mods).

When I had been pricing out having someone build for me this was invaluable.

These are the same dimensions as mine.

...I also ran a BWP gas manifold as my completely novice welding skills were not up to the rail-type shown...

Good choice, I always thought using one of the structural members as the gas rail a bit dodgy - and the price of some black pipe seems like good asurance to me.

Wow! This is far more than I could have hoped for! This will go a long way. I'll keep you guys posted as this project evolves. Still a ways out, got a wedding to pay for. What a sucker- wedding or Brutus build???? She wins every time.

My advise - look into getting a "wishing well" instead of wedding gifts. We did it for our wedding and ended up with enough money to furnish our new place (moved from a 1 bedroom apaterment to a 3 bedroom house) with the big ticket items - dining table, decent size fridge, etc. plus we didn't end up with hundreds of platters/plates/vases/bowls/etc. :D

BrewingGunner said:
These are the same dimensions as mine.

BTW, BrewingGunner, didn't mean to sidetrack, derail, or otherwise steal the thunder of your posts. Besides some pretty sketchy rip offs of the old BYO plans this was the best I found. Doesn't appear to be copyrighted, either, so no need to feel bad about using them.

BTW, BrewingGunner, didn't mean to sidetrack, derail, or otherwise steal the thunder of your posts. Besides some pretty sketchy rip offs of the old BYO plans this was the best I found. Doesn't appear to be copyrighted, either, so no need to feel bad about using them.

If you email Lonnie he will send his plans to you.

Well, thanks again, gentlemen. Here are two pics of my new stand. Still waiting for the chugger pumps and burners, but we're almost there... thanks again for all the info. Daddo007, your plans worked flawlessly! Just a few tweeks, and done.

Process.jpg

BK Kegs.jpg

BrewingGunner said:
Got the electric burner setup and more stuff from Bobby at Brew Hardware.

Let us know how you like that plate chiller. Particularly curious what you think after you have to clean it a few times.

Will do. It got great reviews. I'm going to put a screen filter in the BK to keep most of the trub out and I plan on bagging my hops to keep them out. I should have the coils in the HLT for my HERMS set as well. My propane hoses are on the way so i should have that complete too. I'll be brewing Wednesday or Thursday so I will post pics.

Another update. PIDs for the HLT and HERMs from Auber Ins are on the way. A Honeywell GCV with pilot light will control the gas. Pics to follow.

Santa showed up today. My Honeywell GCV for automating the burners are here and so are the PIDs, switches, and alarms! Time to start putting it together!

image-635737251.jpg

image-1534515388.jpg

image-92574783.jpg

Nice thread, I just bought an Everlast Tig welder and plan on welding up a stainless brew stand. I am going to mitre the corners to avoid the open pipe. Easier than welding in a small square piece

Nice thread, I just bought an Everlast Tig welder and plan on welding up a stainless brew stand. I am going to mitre the corners to avoid the open pipe. Easier than welding in a small square piece

The mitred corners are just about the only thing I would change.

Back