Kettle Filter Reccomendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbigda

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a kettle filter to attach to my dip tube, and would love to hear some reccomendations.
I have a plate chiller, and I won"t use any form of paint strainer bag or hopsock, because I strongly believe they inhibit utilization.

I tried making my own, but it didn't work out. I usually take the DIY route, but this time I'd like to just buy something.

Tube screen for leaf hops.
8068.jpg

I use a 5 gallon paint strainer bag for pellets and don't have any issues with utilization as they have plenty of room to move around.

Find some stainless steel scrubbies at your local home improvement store... Squish a few around the bottom of the dip tube and you are good to go... I go for overkill with a false bottom and SS scrubbies under that if I use pellets and whole leaf...

Duckfoot said:
Find some stainless steel scrubbies at your local home improvement store... Squish a few around the bottom of the dip tube and you are good to go... I go for overkill with a false bottom and SS scrubbies under that if I use pellets and whole leaf...

i like the scrubby idea. going to try that. i'm also wondering how well a copper manifold would work, like the one's used in mash tuns.

or the stainless mesh tubes around plumbing supply lines, with a wire coil inside for rigidity.

the bazooka screen is only an option if i bent the dip tube straight out at the end and solder a threaded fitting on it.

Back