Unique talents?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm good at hockey. Still play in college til' December, and I love a woman who likes hockey and can brew
;)

Not that unique but about as unique as the rest of you. Was into electronic music for about 15 years. Dj'd, promoted, produced about 12 commercially released tracks, ran a label for 3 years. Kinda retiring now. Might start a band instead.

Musician here...also a guest service monster...I can turn your frown upside down. :)
Hey, so what's with the juggling trend here with homebrewers?

I have the ability to injure myself multiple times on a daily basis. Some people call it "accident prone", but I call it a skill.
At the place of my employment, there are two files for accident reports, one file is strictly for me, the other file is for everyone else.

I also play play the bass guitar in a band, and most recently have been trying to learn the banjo. But if you were to compare my musical talent to my self-injuring ability, you might as well call me a musical failure. Give me a rubber bouncy-ball, and I will find a way to cut myself with it.

aerialmedical said:
Musician here...also a guest service monster...I can turn your frown upside down. :)
Hey, so what's with the juggling trend here with homebrewers?

I was juggling bocce balls the other day. It was better than most people can do but not really good enough to say that I can juggle.

In college I taught myself how to do this whole routine, and can still do it while waiting to tee off:

Unfortunately, it didn't help my golf game one bit. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can pick up a tennis ball with one foot.

Boy, that's sure not what I thought was going to be coming in a post by you.

I thought it was going to involve some massively acrobatic feet involving self-gratification and your own wanker. ;)

(Or using it as a combination thermometer and hydrometer.)

I can spin a basketball on my finger for hours on end. Sadly, the Globetrotters don't have much need for middle-aged white guys.

I can also throw a baseball righty and lefty with equal proficiency.

FromZwolle said:
me too. the chicks don't dig it though. monkey toes are not cute on humans. :(

Monkey toes? I dang near have an opposable thumb toe.

image-2726509623.jpg

I play a mean stereo!

The SWMBO is a professional musician and people always ask me if I play any music and that is usually my answer.

I do like photography. I don't have a really expensive camera, but I can do some neat stuff with what I have (Nikon P90)

I'm a good shot at either bow or rifle. Have been known to hit two bullets at 100 yards into one hole or almost splitting an arrow at 30 yards...

I can use a fork with either hand...

Ah!!! That reminds me!!

I can use a knife and fork together at the same time as the inventor of knives and forks intended!

Other diners in restaurants watch me in amazement! Who is that weird feccker!? they ask. Why is he using his cutlery that way? Knife and fork at the very SAME time? What is he thinking!! Look at that! He is holding the steak with the fork, while he cuts it with the knife. Hellfire! He's not putting the knife down while he's eating the steak!! He's cutting as he eats instead of cutting it all up then forking it in like a baby! :p

Ah!!! That reminds me!!

I can use a knife and fork together at the same time as the inventor of knives and forks intended!

Other diners in restaurants watch me in amazement! Who is that weird feccker!? they ask. Why is he using his cutlery that way? Knife and fork at the very SAME time? What is he thinking!! Look at that! He is holding the steak with the fork, while he cuts it with the knife. Hellfire! He's not putting the knife down while he's eating the steak!! He's cutting as he eats instead of cutting it all up then forking it in like a baby! :p

You sophisticated bastid. :D

Im pretty good with a pair of chopsticks. The lady at the Chinese restaurant I eat at fairly often used to watch me eat. I guess she had never seen a white guy who could use chopsticks.

IrregularPulse said:
I brew my own beer....oh crap. That doesn't make me special here does it?

Dammit someone beat me to it.
Oh well. I guess being a complete A-hole all the time, according to my wife. And I can build or fix just about anything.

C17-EHSE said:
Not a fan of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes! :D

I am! Thats pretty much all I am good at. Dont have any C17 jump pics because most of them were at night but here is another ramp aircraft jump. Im the guy at the bottom of the photo.

image-696538510.jpg

Back