What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another imperial mild. You can't see a damn thing. But don't worry, it's ok. Neither can I after drinking it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413249387.747600.jpg

Hoping Ronaldinho scores so the Rams lose.

Very last of my first cream ale. English guy, guest, amazed at the clarity of my home brew. Think 2015 will be about recipes. Technique is pretty good i think.

My HB Barleywine, only 3 months old, but smooth. About 11%, at 1.024 fg. The other half is still in bulk aging with Brett, might bottle in a month.

Anybody have a good porter recipe they can vouch for? Looking at the Ed Fitz clone and EdWort's Robust Porter in the HBT database so far.

I use the Ed Fitz clone as a base for my pumpkin porter and with cold steeping the specialty grains, I really like the way the porter base turns out. Plus that's the best damned porter out there.

Water while doing laundry. I'll be hitting the cellar hard later tonight. Just got back from a meeting with my soon-to-be boss. Just need to stamp the paperwork and make it official and I start living the dream.

Timeline is complicated and has changed a bit but it's actually better this way.

Congrats! Just a little jealous here. :mug:

Please, please, PLEASE start a thread about the buildout, equipment, etc... If that isn't your thing, a PM with details would be great. Our SBA loan app just got submitted and we filed a letter of intent on a building. The dream is feeling like a nightmare right now, but it will be worth it.

You guys have definitely put in your dues up front. Glad to hear you're getting closer to actually start brewing for real. Good luck crossing the finish line!

Last night was crazy busy - had to watch Walking Dead, then scarf dinner down to take my son to his Webelos meeting. What controlled chaos that was (and I now fear I am going to be pulled in as a leader since I can't help but open my big mouth.) Tonight won't be much better since he has been invited to play with the 6th grade concert orchestra. We have to grab a quick dinner, then rehearsal and concert. I'm earning my beer for the upcoming weekend! Coffee for now though...

Coffee and water...

Last night i bottled up an IPA- the lowest i have ever got conan to go- 1.007, it has potential and i perfer a drier IPA. I also racked a cider into secondary with chemicals to kill fermentation. Ill let it go about a week backsweeten and bottle. Im also bottling up a small batch of Apfelwein tonight. I hate bottling but dont have enough kegs yet. i hate tuesdays... extra tired today from staying up and watching the game, big win... those monday, sunday and thursday night games get harder to stay up for as you get older haha

If I lived in So. Cal. still, this morning would qualify as earthquake weather; even though there is no such thing. I used to get weirded out by odd weather changes but now it is just how the south seems to roll. It's kind of muggy & warm.

Ramble ramble...for coldcrash. :D

More coffee & protein shake.

Coffee and water...

Last night i bottled up an IPA- the lowest i have ever got conan to go- 1.007, it has potential and i perfer a drier IPA. I also racked a cider into secondary with chemicals to kill fermentation. Ill let it go about a week backsweeten and bottle. Im also bottling up a small batch of Apfelwein tonight. I hate bottling but dont have enough kegs yet. i hate tuesdays... extra tired today from staying up and watching the game, big win... those monday, sunday and thursday night games get harder to stay up for as you get older haha

Tell me about it! I used to look forward to MNF and the likes, now, I'm just old! Though I did go out and play last night, which I'm glad I did.

Are you using ball or pin lock kegs? They have some pretty good deals pop up on Homebrewfinds.com on ball lock. I could use more kegs. I never thought I'd need more kegs than I have taps and yet, I would not mind having them.

I want to brew with conan. It is supposed to be drier? In terms of a dry IPA, what commercial beer fits that bill?

If I lived in So. Cal. still, this morning would qualify as earthquake weather; even though there is no such thing. I used to get weirded out by odd weather changes but now it is just how the south seems to roll. It's kind of muggy & warm.

Ramble ramble...for coldcrash. :D

More coffee & protein shake.

Tell me about it! I used to look forward to MNF and the likes, now, I'm just old! Though I did go out and play last night, which I'm glad I did.

Are you using ball or pin lock kegs? They have some pretty good deals pop up on Homebrewfinds.com on ball lock. I could use more kegs. I never thought I'd need more kegs than I have taps and yet, I would not mind having them.

I want to brew with conan. It is supposed to be drier? In terms of a dry IPA, what commercial beer fits that bill?

Heady topper uses conan, and i think a beer sam adams did but im not quite sure. Ive never had a commercial beer that used conan, i got it from yeast geek, i believe and i keep washing it, this will be the 4th generation, ive read people have had problems with attenuation and my first attempt stalled at 1.020 and i could not get it to budge, the second brew was a bit better 1.015, but this one i mashed a bit lower and longera and made a big starter, i also roused the yeast up and raised the temp for the last 3 days and i think that got it to go lower, I am convinced conan is a yeast strain that needs heavy hopping, ive done low hopped beers with conan and it just dosent come out right

I am washing the yeast tonight actually, i could send you some if youd like- id have to research the best vessle and way to ship yeast, havent done that yet, PM me we'll figure it out

Coffee to stay on topic

Coff. Bottling my Brett pale ale right now.

Are you using special bottles or is that not what you need to do with a brett ale?
Eventually, if my sour works out, I'll bottle but probably in some kind of thicker bottle. Not too sure I want to destroy the lines of a keg for one unintentional sour beer.

I am washing the yeast tonight actually, i could send you some if youd like- id have to research the best vessle and way to ship yeast, havent done that yet, PM me we'll figure it out

Coffee to stay on topic

I've read and watched videos on washing but I haven't done it. I suppose I could use it in my mosaic IPA. Or I could go beg someone for a 4 pack of heady and just use those dregs. I bet that would likely be easier on us both. I'll PM you all the same and we'll see. Also, I would suppose it would be wiser to wait until it cools down, consistently. It's been 80 here still some days and I don't want to kill the yeast.

Man, I'm chatty today. I should STFU and get my work done.

Are you using special bottles or is that not what you need to do with a brett ale?
Eventually, if my sour works out, I'll bottle but probably in some kind of thicker bottle. Not too sure I want to destroy the lines of a keg for one unintentional sour beer.

I would not have it on tap. I use a separate auto syphon and bottling bucket/ wand to bottle by sours and brett. I got 3-4 cases of brett/sour goodness at home and going to have more soon. Going to check my new brett and my barrel on how they are doing

I would not have it on tap. I use a separate auto syphon and bottling bucket/ wand to bottle by sours and brett. I got 3-4 cases of brett/sour goodness at home and going to have more soon. Going to check my new brett and my barrel on how they are doing

Yeah, best I could tell, kegging a sour was a terrible idea unless I continually brewed sours. I don't. I'm not 100% on board with every sour I've had so I can't see myself brewing a bunch.

More water.

Mostly normal bottles with some 750ml (thicker-style) bottles. My beer has been at a stable gravity for a while now; 3-4 weeks. So, it'll be fine. When I bottled my Brett Saison over a month ago, I used primarily regular bottles with about four 750ml (again, the thick ones from my Jester King beers). I carbed that beer to 3.1 volumes and none have burst so far.

So long as the gravity is stable for a decent period of time, I don't care what's in the beer (bacteria or sacc), it's getting bottled especially if it's pretty close to my target FG. It's not like the beer will drop another 6 points when I bottle it. Therefore, I wouldn't expect the bottles to burst.

Back