Mr. Beer led to this site, led to addiction. Help with first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emtlibby

Reaction score
So the wife got me a Mr. Beer for xmas.

I used a IPA kit and decided to throw some blueberries in. So..... after adding the cans of goo to the pot, I added some washed and smashed blueberries.

I then followed the rest of the instructions. I now have that little brown jug in the basement. It has a thick foammy head, and very little bubbling (72 hours).

In the meantime I discovered this site, read alot, bought a deluxe kit, a pot, and some recipe kits from Northern Brewer..... And feel MUCH more educated.

My question is, did I really screw up this first batch? Should I bother to bottle it? Any way I can "test" it before bottling so I dont waste my time?

Thanks everyone!:mug:

You can test it in a couple weeks and if it tastes like flat beer you might as well bottle it.

Of course bottle it! Never dump a batch. I had a similar first experience except it was with Ginger root in an APA. hah! It was kind of awful, but you live and learn!

Back