sierra 30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was released on Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to get down to Chico and stop by the brewery for some yet. Hopefully will do that tomorrow.

Had one of these guys last night, pretty tasty. It has a Deep Golden color, not much Aroma, a little Floral maybe but mostly Malt. It's nice and malty, mostly toasty with a touch of sweetness on the front, but on the finish there is definite Alcohol warming. I didn't really get any Hop Bitterness or Flavor, but it's a Bock so there really shouldn't be. I liked it quite a bit, I'll have to pick up a few more to hang onto, seems like it will age well too.:mug:

Went to the brewery yesterday. CFK 30 Bock was on draft. The sample tray mat mentioned that it is hopped (dry-hopped?) with Crystal and Pacific Hallertau.

This is currently my favorite beer evar. My Vienna/Spalt SMaSH might turn out to be a reasonable facsimile. :)

Is this something that will only be available locally to the brewery area? We're heading to Cincy this weekend which happens to be the biggest chance I have a t special beers. I'll have to be sure and swing by to pick a couple up.

AFAIK it's widely available in (cork+cage) bottles. I had many draft servings at two local pubs before I went to Chico this weekend.

That brewery is definitely worthy of the superlatives it gets pegged with.

Back