so its my first brew and im nervous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doogiesbrew

Reaction score
i did a full brew and the temp in my house is at 70 and the brew just us staying at like 75 and i pitched the yeast this morning a white lab british ale yeast....Im making a brown ale. Still only getting minimum bubbles and no froth at all. From what im reading I should be getting some more of this happening should I cool this down and make sure it gets down to 70.

I think you are fine. Probably still a little early before it really takes off, but when it does it will do it well. Note your fermenting beer will be a few degrees warmer than your ambiant temp. Don't let it get too warm.

Did you create a starter? Also, you probably want to get your fermentation temp down below 70 to avoid the yeast creating off flavors.

I'm not much of a stickler on brewing temperatures. The way I see it is if you're close to the recommended range you'll be ok. And as long as you're not using lager yeast at room temperature.

relax, it will happen. my ipa I just made last sunday didnt ferment until wednesday. don't worry about rehydrating dry yeast at this point (i feel there are too many sanitation variables for a new brewer) and if it's not working one week later try to repitch some dry yeast.

time tends to cure all things brewing related, you're good!

If you didn't make a starter, it will likely take 2 - 3 days to start fermenting. I'd to bring the temperature down to about 68 if you can.

-a.

Looks to be all good just the first batch jitters I guess. I moved it last night and it was starting to take off a little bit but now I have a good amount of bubbles going. The temp is now down to right around 70 too so that might be helping. Thanks to all who input Im sure I will need more help again.

Back