direct buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
has anyone heard of this, supposedly no markups and all that stuff. whats the deal. i need to furnish my entire house. anyone have any experience with this company?

or has anyone ever tried the store called "The Dump"

Biggest ripoff of all time, high pressure sales, low prices, but you got to get them shipped to you which is very difficult to do as a individual. Only time it might work is buying a whole house worth of furniture.

My parents used them to remodel their house. Worth the money if you can jet down to their warehouse's to pick up the stuff, their prices are good. But fully agree with the high pressure sales, if you show interest they won't leave you alone. Basically if you plan on droppin' $100,000 than it'll save you some dough, but if you don't plan on making to many purchases, your better off going else where.

Big time rip off. Just google them. They have lots of complaints. I lost lots of respect for the radio personalities who vouch for them.

The only experience I ever had with them was a phone call. I never contacted them or showed any interest. They called me up one day saying that they were trying to raise interest in the local community by offering invitations to the showroom. They asked for an address so they could send the invitation, which was fine. But then they asked for my income amount. I refused to answer because I didn't really feel that information was really necessary. And with that, they got somewhat belligerent and refused to send me an invitation. Whatever. I had similar problems with Erie Construction showing up at my door to sell me siding and windows.

Watch out for those guys. Both of them.

The only experience I ever had with them was a phone call. I never contacted them or showed any interest. They called me up one day saying that they were trying to raise interest in the local community by offering invitations to the showroom. They asked for an address so they could send the invitation, which was fine. But then they asked for my income amount. I refused to answer because I didn't really feel that information was really necessary. And with that, they got somewhat belligerent and refused to send me an invitation. Whatever. I had similar problems with Erie Construction showing up at my door to sell me siding and windows.

Watch out for those guys. Both of them.

That in itself is a red flag and its none of their business to know your income. Then to get indignant about it all. Those guys are trained to not take no for answer. I can't stand people like that. They have no conscience.

I can't say anything about Directbuy but "the dump" I have heard tons of good things about.

That in itself is a red flag and its none of their business to know your income. Then to get indignant about it all. Those guys are trained to not take no for answer. I can't stand people like that. They have no conscience.

That is why I am suspicious in nature about anyone who contacts me (without my initiation) and tries to sell me something. And similarly, in principle, I will NOT buy anything over the phone or on my doorstep. Regardless of how good of a deal it may seem.

$3500 a year to be a member. They get all of the profit up front and sell you things a little above cost. You would have to buy $12,000 or more a year to start saving. Take a look at their annual sales and divide by how many members and it is easy to see that no one is saving anything.

Forrest

+1 direct buy is rip off and The Dump doesn't have discount prices, atleast for sleepers I was looking at. Check out the outlets we have here like Lancaster.

Basically if you plan on droppin' $100,000 than it'll save you some dough, but if you don't plan on making to many purchases, your better off going else where.

My parents used it when they remodeled their house and it saved them tons but they also redid most of their house. If you are doing anything less than a complete kitchen remodel its probably not worth it.

My parents went to the sales pitch speal. You get one walk through, then sat down isolated from the rest of the group and pressured. You get 1 chance to buy the membership, if you pass you don't get a second chance. Or at least that's what they say to pressure. It would have been $3500-$4000 for a membership (I think 1 year). I agree, maybe a good idea if you're building a house and have nothing to your name.

Back