Bubbling will not stop.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker18

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got an American Wheat in the fermentor right now, pitched Wyeast 3056 on Sept 18, fermented at 68-70. Tested the FG last Wednesday and got 1.016, tested again on Sunday and got 1.014. 0.002 gravity loss and it is still bubbling away like crazy, can see the bubbles in the to of the glass fermentor. I was hoping to bottle this on the weekend, but now looks like I have to put it off until next weekend. I thought these wheats were supposed to be fast finishers, I got an IPA done in less time than this.

Second thought, can I put this into PET bottles and have them carbonate on the activity that is still there? If it is still going like this next weekend, I may do that.

If it's still at 1.014 in two days, it's done. Bubbling may be from weather changes like barometric pressure drops or temperature changes. If the FG doesn't change over 3 days and it's in the expected range, it's finished.

I wouldn't bottle it until it's done. Sure, it'll carb up but you'd have no way of controlling the carbonation. It might only go to 1.013, and then you'd have flat beer. Or maybe it'd go all the way to 1.008, and you'd have bottle bombs.

I would just let it go until you know it is done fermenting. No point in rushing things that could potentially be dangerous to you or your family (bottle bombs)

Back