Lagunitas IPA review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I agree...I was surprised really. I've heard a few people talk about Lagunitas favorably, but that IPA was pretty bad overall...

Lagunitas is a fantastic brewery. I will agree, however, that their IPA is likely their weakest beer. Try Hairy Eyeball, their Pilsner, Censored (Kronic), Brown Shugga, etc. All top end bombs of fantastic beer.

Lagunitas is a fantastic brewery. I will agree, however, that their IPA is likely their weakest beer. Try Hairy Eyeball, their Pilsner, Censored (Kronic), Brown Shugga, etc. All top end bombs of fantastic beer.

I would love to review some of their other beers...I just have to find them :D

I wouldn't mind getting a 2nd shot at their IPA just to make sure what I had was legit.

What did you guys think of my new blog? I'm mixing reviews and beer brewing. It's only been about 2 weeks since I started the thing.

Hairy Eyeball in phenomenal. I generally am very happy with Lagunitas, although I just had the Cappuccino Stout and wasn't too impressed. Trying their WTF tonight.

Hairy Eyeball in phenomenal. I generally am very happy with Lagunitas, although I just had the Cappuccino Stout and wasn't too impressed. Trying their WTF tonight.

I really hope to get a few of their other selections. I was at spring training when I was able to have my first Lagunitas product...and haven't seen any in STL.

Lagunitas is far from the best... but you can get a bomber at 7/11 for $2.80 and that's effin awesome. The Zappa series have been hit and miss, but its a great idea.

I had to dredge up this old thread just to say that I disagree with the review :)

Well, not really - it's tough to call the Lagunitas IPA an IPA, which is the main argument of your review - but I LOVE this beer.

It's hard to describe, but the subtle sweetness is delicious, and I almost taste the beer in the roof of my mouth as opposed to my tongue.

Great, now my mouth is watering for one, and it's only 1:30 in the afternoon.

Back