Looking to buy bulk grain in Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabot

Reaction score
My barley crusher is on its way, I should have it by the middle of next week. I ordered it foolishly thinking I would run down to my LHBS and pick up a sack of 2-row for $40'ish. Turns out they want $65 for 2row and $75 for MO :\

Sadly that is just out of my price range right now. Any other brewing Maineiacs have any suggestions of where to get affordable malt? Or would any be interested in group buying somewhere?

I can find great prices online ($32/55lb) but then the shipping is $48. :(

(ps, I'm in Wilton, ME if it makes any difference to anyone who would reply. I'm also willing to drive a bit to get some cheaper grain!)

Thanks!

Good place to buy malt in Maine?? I am in Skowhegan.

Did you ever find a good place to buy malt in the area?

Until recently I was getting it at Oak Pond Brewery, for 70 cents a pound, but now he wants $1.10 all the sudden?

Maybe we can start a buyers group for brewers around maine, unless you found a good place locally?

Just FYI, The owner at oak pond is really sick man, his son is trying to run things as best he can...cut him some slack...it's gotta be tough trying to juggle the emotional, business, family stresses he's got right now. I may START buying grain from him just to help out.

Have you tried farmhousebrewingsupply.com?

Back