Keezer of my very own...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcdillin

Reaction score
Today is a good day, just finished unpacking and getting the keezer up and running. Love controller is coming in today so I will be wiring that up and then it's off to HD for some wood for the collar.

Freezer is a 5.0CF from Lowes only came in at $188 which for a freezer that can hold 3 kegs and the CO2 bottle inside is pretty darn good.

Even fit some bombers on the compressor hump :)

Beer 001.jpg

If you add a collar and move the CO2 outside the keezer, it looks like it could hold four kegs.

The more the merrier!

:mug:

Thanks everyone

Yeah I plan to make the collar tall enough that I could do that if need be. But more than likely that extra space will just be used to store bottled beer so I don't keep taking up the fridge in the kitchen.

:mug:

Does anyone else have their Love controllers mounted into the collar of their keezer? I was thinking of going that route but i'm worried that the moisture and cool temps will lead to an early death of the controller.

I have seen plenty of Love controllers mounted on collars, nobody has reported problems that I know of.

You'll love that freezer for a keezer, it's the one I use. Fits 3 kegs, 5# co2, about 12 bottles without getting too creative (4 on the floor between the kegs, a board (or tupperware w/ yeast in it in my case) on top of those, then 4 more on top of that plus at least 4 on the hump), and also my two Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifiers (attached to a string then lowered between the two kegs on the left).

Does anyone else have their Love controllers mounted into the collar of their keezer? I was thinking of going that route but i'm worried that the moisture and cool temps will lead to an early death of the controller.

The love controller comes in a NEMA 4 enclosure here is what the NEMA 4 is rated for

NEMA 4 – Enclosures constructed for either indoor or outdoor use to provide a degree of protection to personnel against incidental contact with the enclosed equipment; to provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, snow, windblown dust, splashing water, and hose-directed water; and that will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure.

ok that makes sense, I thought the nema4 rating was for the face of the controller once mounted into a panel not the back connections.

I have seen plenty of Love controllers mounted on collars, nobody has reported problems that I know of.

You'll love that freezer for a keezer, it's the one I use. Fits 3 kegs, 5# co2, about 12 bottles without getting too creative (4 on the floor between the kegs, a board (or tupperware w/ yeast in it in my case) on top of those, then 4 more on top of that plus at least 4 on the hump), and also my two Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifiers (attached to a string then lowered between the two kegs on the left).

Your not kidding, this thing keeps temps really really well. I just turn it on for a little bit each day and it's kept it cold now for the last 2 days no problem.

i like how you keep your thermometer in a gallon of water. I don't know if this is common practice but I have never seen this before I think I will give it a shot

Back