Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea Tom, Srry to hear. Ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

....Best directions I can give would be to look for the arby's on 5th street highway.. If your coming from lancaster it will be on your left and if you come from allentown it will be on your right. We are located directly behind them in the strip mall shopping center on the corner. There is a split in the building if you want to park in back and down alley. The building across the alley from us is a barber.

Tom, I will try and get down tueday, Dec 7th to give you a hand sorting. Not sure exactly what time I will get there but I hope to by 5pm.

I feel for you with your lab, it is never easy putting a pet down, but I know when my beagle got cancer, I could see it in her eyes at the end that it was better for her to be put to rest. I hope you and the family have a restful weekend and remember it really is better without the pain.

John P.

Tom- Sorry to hear about the lab. Such a hard thing to do.

Tuesday will not work for me. I can probably do thursday, friday after work.

Okay guys, we have a rough spread on the days people are available for pick up. Some are good for Tuesday but no other night, some are good for any night BUT Tuesday. Out of those that responded with a day, half are good for Tuesday and the other half are not (6 guys replied). Those who are not good for Tuesday, is anyone in the buy able to pick your grains up? pava- I got you covered if we do the pick up Tuesday.
Tom

Hi Tom,

I can't make it up that way on a weekday. The two options I see is to either pick this up from you in Fleetwood or possibly have Sithdad pick this up with his order and get it on the weekend. I just sent a pm to Sithdad. If I can pick it up at your place in Fleetwood over the weekend, please let me know.

I am very sorry for the loss of your dog.

Thanks,

Bill

Tom, if you can grab mine, i'll stop down on Thursday after work to grab it. I have an appointment on Tuesday and probably wouldn't make it down there until after 7, closer to 7:30.

Hey guys! just got an e-mail confirmation that the order is going out today. As long as there aren't any problems along the way, we should be set for tomorrow.
tom

Tuesday is good, but can I assume we have until 6 - 6:30 to pick up in the evening? I am about 30 minutes south of Reading and get off work at 5:30ish.

I was planning on the grain pick up being from 6-7pm. I would like to personally get their earlier then that to sort through the pallet and get everything sorted. Remember, if your getting any partial sacks you will need to bring a bucket and lid to get your portion!
tom

Tom...ignore my PM about the location. I just found the pickup location in the thread.

I will be there between 6 - 7 tonight.

John

Hey guys! I talked to Tim this morning and he said if anyone needs buckets and lids for partial sacks, they sell them right at the pick up location for a couple bucks. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Tom

Hey Bentpirate, I'm in on a single sack with Tom G., a guy who has purchased some homebrew items from you in the past. We live in Lititz, just up the road from you. Let me know if you can pick up our sack if you are heading up there anyway. Just one sack of CM 2-row.

Worse comes to worse gifty, i'm heading to Lancaster Thursday night. I could bring it with me and meet you somewhere.
Tom

Tom,

WOuld you be ok with grabbing my grain with a pickup for thursday? I am going to try and make it after my appointment tonight but not promising anything as it will take me 45 minutes to get there. I would be making it probably right at 7. Let me know.

Hey guys. just got a message from Tim saying the grains are at the store! See you all tonight!
tom

I just found out a bit ago that Tim has to leave down there at 6. Not a huge deal, but i will be sitting in my truck with my son until everyone picks up. So, the sooner you can get there, the better. I have a red Chevy Colorad and will be sitting outside by the loading dock. thanks!
Tom

Tom, not sure if Bentpirate (Jim B.) will check this thread before he leave to head up there, so if you could, just give him my sack to bring down along with him. Worst case you bring it with you Thursday down this way, but would probably be easier for him to bring it down because he lives so close. Just didn't want you there waiting for me.

Wait a minute... How in the #$%$@ did I miss this!!

And there's another homebrewer in Fleetwood???

I need to lay off the hard stuff...

Now I will pay closer attention.

And I was driving down to NJ for a group buy... Sheeezzzz....

Brew on my brothers...

Heh. I participate in the south jersey/philly group buy and my wife and I make trips out to lancaster every couple of months. Let me know if you'd like me to pick up.

idratherbeinmexico- sorry you missed the buy bud! I am looking to do another in February or so, so stay tuned. not sure where you are in Fleetwood, but there is a ghood chance I'll be freezing my arse off brewing in the garage tonight. If your interested, shoot me a PM

*sigh, missed it again -- you guys fill up fast! Thanks to pava for sending me notification, I'm just too slow. Maybe next time - if you have a pm list, put me on it!

Back