So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making 5 gal of Pale Ale Gold. Trying my first AG brew in the kitchen. It's so hot in Dallas I thought I'd give the stove a try. I guess if my stove can't boil 6.5 gal of wort, it's back to the garage and the propane burner. We'll see.

I brewed 5 gal of ordinary bitter...the first batch is just going too fast, need more in the pipeline. My friend grew up in Henley on Thames, home of Brakspear bitter, and apparently the origination of WLP 023, so giving it a try.

Bottled my Belgian Dark Strong, which was brewed on April 10. 9.5 ABV, smells like cognac, tastes like red wine. Can't wait to taste it carbed and cold.

No brewing this weekend, just drinking.
icon_biggrin.gif
And brewery maintenance.
icon_neutral.gif
I brewed the last two Sundays in a row. Tomorrow I have a couple of carboys and kegs to get cleaned and sanitized for future use. Might brew again next weekend. If not, definitely the weekend after that.

Going to finally try to step it up to 8 gallons this weekend. Eventually I will do a full 10!

Making a similar beer to the Double Barrel Ale by Firestone. Man I'm thirsty.

Brewing a 10 gallon batch of wheat, split batch. 5 gallons hefe, 5 gallons blueberry.

Gonna try to start EARLY, to help beat the heat. Hopefully have the brew in the fermenters by 11:00.

:rockin:

Saturday evening I will be brewing a delicious (hopefully) Peach Wheat with Colorado Palisade Peaches which are just about in season and will be perfect when I rack to the secondary!

my low ABV stash is desperately low, so brewing 10 gallons of a 5% blonde ale tomorrow night.

mine Low ABV stash is running thin too! Another Dark & Mild @3.5% and a Cream Ale at 4.1% on deck for this weekend/ week hopefully I'll get both done by sunday or Monday.

Five gallons of Raspberry Wheat Ale. Girlfriends beer of choice, and I'm looking forward to kegging it this time instead of bottles.

I just brewed a new recipe I came up with, a Belgian Dark Imperial IPA. 10 lbs lme, 1 lb special b, 1 lb crystal 20, 1 lb turbinado, 3 oz warrior, 2 oz cascade with 2 more for dry hopping, all brought together with WLP530. I am excited, to say the least.

SWMBO is out of town this weekend so I'm doing a lot of brewing. Brewed a Lagunitas IPA clone yesterday, which is bubbling away this morning. Right now, I have a Deschutes Black Butte Porter clone mashing (I am going to use a gallon of this to test for a coconut porter). Tomorrow, I am doing my Seduce and Destroy Rye-PA, with Bravo, Cluster and Liberty hops, and I'm going to use a gallon of it to make a Rosemary Rye PA, with Chinook and Cascade.

I used a vacation day from work yesterday to brew up what I'll probably call "Apocalypse in 9/8" ale. (Obscure Music Reference for 20)

It was supposed to be a mild mannered dubbel, but it kicked my ass the whole way - from running out of water for the batch sparge, not being able to find my special giant metal spoon used just for brewing, and dropping a piece of plastic used in the airation system into the carboy .... blah blah blah..

The yeast shall prevail. This morning I woke up to find it ROCKING hard with a big fluffy, active kraussen. It's ALIVE!!

Now I'll spend a few hours today scraping some black goo off the stove and mopping up the kitchen floor that's as sticky as a movie theater after the kiddie matinee.

I'm brewing an ordinary bitter, today if I ever finish my suburban lawn and garden slavery. Need to bottle my second batch of BM's Centennial Blonde, too.

SWMBO is in Indonesia, my little one is in Phoenix with the In-Laws.

Time to finally get around to that Oktoberfest, I know I'm a little late on brewing it but better late than never!

Brewing a Cali/Belgian pale ale type of thing with some leftover ingredients I need to get rid of. Basically a Saison grist with forbidden fruit yeast and liberally hopped with Amarillo. Should be interesting.

Bottling a batch of a Bass "clone" tonight and making my first Tripel tomorrow afternoon.

Back