Wanna see my tool ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No fricking way...The ISS toolbag is going to pass over my town????

Too cool....

Uh isn't spy satellite data confidential? It also says
Lacrosse 3
BRIGHTNESS: 2 (like stars in the Big Dipper)
Lacrosse 3 is a US spy satellite carrying a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payload. For more information visit http://www.satobs.org/spysat.html

?????

it's gonna rain/snow here the next few nights, but bookmarked so's i can drag the kid out in the freezing cold this winter to see the space station. i have to subject her to that like my father did to me.

know how fast you can memorize constellations when it's ten below outside? :D

On Nov. 18, 2008, spacewalking astronaut Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper dropped her backpack-sized toolbag and it floated away from the International Space Station. The errant bag, about as big as a hiker's backpack, is now orbiting Earth. It is visible through binoculars and small telescopes.

We can see a toolbag floating around in space with binoculars? Wow!

Crap, now I'm gonna have to run by the store on the way home for aluminum foil!

18614__signs_l.jpg

You are in Maryland; do you work for Goddard or in the industry? TIROS 2 is going over my house (television infrared observation satellite), worked sub assemblies on later versions but not final assembly. I had a tool once that tracked everything. Anyone see my baby Landsat 7? Built it from the ground up to launch. It Last thing I worked on before being laid off from Lockheed Martin. Tracked it way back when but was not that excited about what I saw and got bored with it. EOS (Terra) is a big one, worked some on that. Worked on about 8 different satellites including all the GPS IIR's.

Latest posts

Back