All the new names!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Happy Mug

Reaction score
I'm gone for two weeks, and everybody goes nuts on me. It's not like we weren't all nuts before, so I guess it's all the same. Even so, plenty of new names.

Dude has become the Very Un-Dude. It's the anti-dude. Repent, squares, for the anti-dude is among us! We've gone from moshing to pocket protectors. In our hearts, you're still our nihilist. I think this is one of those witness protection things, right? We're still mudding and thinking of dana 45's, right?

Walker has ditched his incredible afro and turned to the dark side of the force. I believe he has become a mechanical war machine. What does the old walker have to say about this?

:fro: Hey yo, you turn yo back on da fro dat made you who you waz! You waz a cool dog, now you just a jive-turkey robot thingie! You got no soul, you just got chewbacca inside!

Uh, yeah, thanks man. You've made a valid point - now get into the forgotten file. We loved you before you were reduced to a smilie with attitude.

Our very own Cheyco has become the chairman of the Iron Brewer TV show. He appears at the beginning of each episode to take a great big chug and belch at the camera. I want that image on my computer when I turn it off, and I want the first season on DVD.

Pumbaa has become the emporer of Rome. I love the hat, but it makes me think Egypt. (I think he's banging Cleopatra, lucky bastard!)

BeeGee has become a Baron. Baron von Beegee. Now that's a name that demands respect. We used to be able to talk with him on the same level, but now we must drop our heads to our better. BeeGee's still one of us, but we can't meet him eye to eye.

Kai has become the Kaiser. Now we're talking. I love kaiser rolls. They're great for steak'umm - what? Oh, that kaiser. Yes. Everybody around me is moving up in the world, but I stand still.

I'll show you all, I will. I'll become (dun dun da dun!) The Happy Pitcher. Yes, now that I am the Happy Pitcher, what will you do? No, don't tip me on the - no, that's my head full of beer, don't pour it out - no, please stop, I'm getting empty, no, not another 16 oz glass, no not the last bit - I'm empty! Please, fill me with something good? What? You guys are done? I get washed and then filled with Coors light? Noooooooo!!!

Okay, I guess this belonged in the drunken ramblings. :D

I wonder;
A) how long it will last
B) who will revert back to their previous name
C) who will be the first to go too far

Well if someone comes up with a title that puts your eye out, I will personally ask TxBrew to ban them...unless of course you do it to yourself. ;)

Perhaps Dude's experience with the a certain military fella left him feeling vulnerable and he thus feels the need to change his name every so often.....:confused:

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE (urrr.... forum)! :fro:

Yep, as long as he's got that hat on, he's infallible. Rumor is he can sanitize with bleach, and do a partial mash in a beer can.

I wonder if he'd be willing to put me up for sainthood? :D

鯰  said:
I wonder who will revert back to their previous name
What happens if someone signs on as a new member and uses their old 'nom de plume' as a username?
Can this be done? :confused: If so they can NEVER go back.........

Baron von BeeGee said:
Don't you have to be beat-a-fied first? Where'd I put that mash paddle...?
No problem...I was thoroughly beat-a-fied back in the 60's (yes I know, most people got beat-a-fied in the 50's, but I was in Oklahoma). :D

LOL Caplan... I had the same thought... but I couldn't decide whether to steal Dude or Cheyco. I couldn't think of a promotion from "Sasquatch" either (certainly "human" doesn't fit the bill)...

Did I miss something, or is happy mug still a mug and not a pitcher? :confused:

PS 鯰? How about 魚神?神鯰?:D

Darth Konvel said:
Did I miss something, or is happy mug still a mug and not a pitcher? :confused:

PS 鯰? How about 魚神?神鯰?:D

I considered a few 魚様 鯰君 魚長 ゴジラ but I liked the simplicity of the single character. 

I had to go back to the original name . . . Typing out that damn near midevil latan crap for Pope was just too big of a pita, besides spelling it was kicking my arse.

Besides what good is it to have a bunch of old broads at your beck and call? Couldnt find a hot Nun for the life of me

:drunk:

Pumbaa said:
Besides what good is it to have a bunch of old broads at your beck and call? Couldnt find a hot Nun for the life of me

:drunk:

With an aviator like that no wonder :D It looks better then the parrot on your shoulder anyways :)

who let God in here? I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religion or politics?

Oh, and Happy Mug... I think you should be promoted to "happier mug".

-walker

Imperial Walker said:
who let God in here? I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religion or politics?

Oh, and Happy Mug... I think you should be promoted to "happier mug".

-walker
So who is the happiest mug?

That would be his NEXT promotion. You gotta move up the ladder in little steps, man...

take Pumbaa for example. He flew too high too fast and fell back to just plain old Pumbaa.

-walker

The Happier Mug, the Happiest Mug. I like it. I can work up my secondary title too, from pitcher to eventually keg, maybe cask at some point. I'm refusing further promotion before I hit 108 imperial liters, however. The Ecstatic Butt just doesn't ring right.

I wasn't planning on changing, but here we go!

Heh. As the artist said: "I'll paint you a happier pitcher! No butts about it! Someone tell those barrels it's no smoking in here. "

(If you were to assume that I'm bored, you'd be right.)

Nothing wrong with coming here when you're bored. It's a tun of fun!

Yes, I said tun of fun, instead of ton of fun. Why? As a brewer, it makes it that much more dramatic. Yes, a tun of fun. Okay, I'm bored too!

Well, Sudster has been knighted. He may be the first American in many years to be knighted who is not homosexual or a midget.

Sorry, my British friends, but all I seem to hear of knightings here is Sir Elton John and Sir Gary Coleman and Sir Ian McKellen. (Billy Joel got knighted too, didn't he?)

Props to Sir Sudster! May the hair on his toes never fall out!

The Happier Pitcher said:
Well, Sudster has been knighted. He may be the first American in many years to be knighted who is not homosexual or a midget.

Sorry, my British friends, but all I seem to hear of knightings here is Sir Elton John and Sir Gary Coleman and Sir Ian McKellen. (Billy Joel got knighted too, didn't he?)

Props to Sir Sudster! May the hair on his toes never fall out!

Whachu talkin bout Willis? Don't you be talkin short and hairs in the same breath no mo!

Gotta get back to the round table.... Khighthood ain't what it used to be..
Winch! ..another round for the Brotha Hood!

Back