Belgian Beer to Celebrate the Belgian Grand Prix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Reaction score
So we discovered a new beer/wine store about 20 minutes from our house, and oddly enough I used to work with the owner a number of years ago. Anyway, they have a great selection, huge belgian selection, a whole fridge of lambics, and a really fantastic american selection (even plenty of asian beers). I was very very happy to find Piraat in the fridge, as well as a Piraat glass! I've only had Piraat once before, on tap at a local belgian beer bar/eatery, but I loved it. So I got to enjoy it myself at home.

piraat.jpg

For those of you in the Seattle area, its Malt and Vine in Redmond. Great selection, go check em out.

Finally! I drank it today because today is the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps in the Arden forest of Belgium. My favorite driver (see avatar) came in 3rd place but is coming closer and closer to winning his third in a row world drivers championship. Woo!

Anyway, Piraat is great, belgium looked pretty this time of year, and I was just missing a plate of pomme-frites!

On my list of things to do, in no particular order:

-Visit Ireland, drink a lot, and do a lot of sight seeing.

-Visit Belgium and not only drink a lot but take copious brewery tours.

-Visit Germany for Octoberfest and try to come out alive.

In the meanwhile, I've been sending the Discovery Channel show ideas titled "Exceptionally Drunk With Chudz" but so far I haven't heard back. :drunk:

i like that beer too

we have a store that is almost exclusivity beer 100's of Belgium beers alone

http://www.johnsmarketplace.com/Bottles/

+1 for this. I live in Seattle, and hit John's for the first time this past weekend while I was in Portland. Absolutely amazing selection. Seattle has some great beer stores, but the selection at John's (many Cantillons, Fantomes, etc.) was simply insane.

Back