Intestine-like infection (w/pic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I don't want to repost my mistake, here it is. No infection - just coagulated proteins from using Whirlfloc.

First, I want to apologize as I've misled everyone (and myself) by being unorganized. It turns out that what was shown was unfermented wort. I know it seems completely ridiculous that one could make that mistake. However, I currently have 3 beers in progress. I mixed up one of the beers that I racked to a secondary the other day (the dubbel) with the one shown in my pictures (Oktoberfest-style ale). They surprisingly looked the same except for that break material at the bottom of one.

So sorry again. I blame beer. :drunk:

However, this was the first batch I've made using Whirlfloc which now explains why you can see a bunch of hot break proteins that coagulated this way after cooling it quickly overnight (cold floor). The amount of material is surprising though, as I strain my wort before going into the fermenter.

I pitched the yeast two nights ago and have had crazy fermentation and krausen. If I had used an airlock instead of a blow-off tube, it might have become a Better Bottle bomb! So we'll see if the same happens with the next batch using Whirlfloc...

:eek:

OP is gonna have to post the explanation at the top of each page or this thread will just keep growing like an intestine-like infection.

I just started watching that show fringe and I have seen where this leads. Do not drink that beer ... Next thing you know you will have a parasite attached to your heart.... :cross:

Reminds me of my colonoscopy pictures from last year. Ya'll want me to scan that photo and post it here so we can compare?

4b71d47a_69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Dude what is going on!! How does it taste (glad I don't have to taste it!)

Schecter said:
Do you have a pet snake?

Did you lose it recently?

My condolences.

I was thinking the same thing When I stare into the middle I swear I see a snake looking at me. Have you tried poking it with a stick?

Do you have children? Or a Mrs who really doesn't like you brewing?
To me it looks like some evil person over cooked some Penne and dropped it into your brew:eek:

This thread went completely out of any control. At least OP's :) Most freaking thread I've seen here ;€
Did someone called Greenpeace?

Latest posts

Back