how to get almond/biscotti flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgonfan

Reaction score
I'm looking to brew a beer with a slight hint of almond or a flavor similar to biscotti in the background. I want it to be faint enough that you can't find it unless you know your are suppose to be looking for it. I'm going to use cream ale as a base. ANy ideas on how to add an almond flavor, when to add it & how much to add?

They sell almond extract at most grocery stores, that's going to be close to a biscotti and could be added at bottling. Fairly sure extracts mostly give you aroma though.

Subscribing because this sounds delicious

They sell almond extract at most grocery stores, that's going to be close to a biscotti and could be added at bottling. Fairly sure extracts mostly give you aroma though.

Subscribing because this sounds delicious

I'll check that out. I wasn't able to find any almond extract at the Homebrew shops I use, but I did find hazelnut & am considering that.

If not the grocery store, check hobby shops that sell cake decorating stuff. It's a common ingredient in icing and cakes

Almond extract, it's usually right next to the vanilla extract at the grocery.

-ask ten brewers a question....get fifteen different answers.

Back