P-J is the electric Yoda.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P-J
I'm far from doing an all-electric build. But occasionally, I've been reading various threads and have been amazed at all the help you've given folks. Frankly, it has been an inspiration as to just how much knowledge, expertise, and time that you (and a few others) give to the community on Home Brew Talk.

One other thing I've noticed here is that there is sometimes more rudeness by folks and lack of thanks to those helping them than I've encountered in other places "on the net". I'm not sure why, but it is unfortunate, especially since the advice is free and no one is forcing anyone to take it.

So, add me to the chorus of those who appreciate your contributions, and I hope you will reconsider your decision to leave.

KevinK - you mind sending me the diagrams as well?

PJ - you made the impossible plausible - what could anyone have said to run you off?
Be well my friend.

Does someone have a list of the diagrams. I would like to have them for later use. I'm am sry to read about this. Pj without your help many of us would have never taken the plunge into this wonderful electric world of brewing. I thankyou for your expertise in this and hope that even if u take them down u will still stick around. It's not common anymore to find people who care about the safety of other and who r willing to help someone they don't even know. Good luck pj and thanks for all of your time and help you've been giving us.

I am also sorry to hear PJ is leaving... I dont have electronic versions of his drawings but I did print some of them in my dreams of building an electric brewery. Hopefully with what I have learned from him and what I have printed I will have enough. I cannot say enough how much he has tought me on here! I really appriciate it and wish you the best PJ!!! :mug:

KevinK - your PMs are full, most likely from requests for those images.

I'd be interested in those diagrams too. Specifically, wiring the spa panel, but I'd take the whole lot. I tried to download all the images from his website before he deleted them, but he deleted them within hours of his "I'm Done!" post. :(.

Dropbox, some other method of sending?

This is sad, PJ was SUCH a help on my electric build. Selfish as it is I'm glad I'm done and can figure it out from here when things may go wrong in the future, because I learned actual knowledge from PJ. Would suck to be just starting to look at electric builds right now.

Shame that he's taken down all his diagrams already, whether one person somewhere may have said "They're poo!" or whatever happened, the benefit they've given so many of us is massive, sad to see them vanish like that.

Such a good resource to keep new e-brewers SAFE.

Thanks voltin! I've been scrambling to find them before they're gone. Haven't gone fully electric yet (just a couple heat sticks-works for my 5 gallon batches, but have to drag out the propane stand for 10 gallons) but want to make sure I can find the info once I'm financially able to do so.

I too saved the images last night they are also available as a single download 202 page pdf file at link below.

Download File - 34.8 Mb

Thanks to P-J for all of the awesome work.

I haven't built my electric brewery yet, but I was planning to in 2012. It seems to me that P-J was very helpful to those who were planning their systems. This place will be losing a valuable asset. Thanks, P-J.

Shame. I had plans to do a unique electric build and was hoping to ask PJ for some advice/help. How could anyone be so ungrateful? Whoever ruined the fun should be ashamed.

Reconsider, PJ? Please! hahaha

I'm just in the middle of wiring up my control panel and definitely appreciate all the help of P-J's diagrams and advice. They were essential to designing and building my panel.

Thanks P-J

@voltin

I just went to your picasaweb link and couldn't download all of the items at once. It would let me download each individual diagram. Is there a way I can just download them en masse? Thanks man.

Josh

@voltin

I just went to your picasaweb link and couldn't download all of the items at once. It would let me download each individual diagram. Is there a way I can just download them en masse? Thanks man.

Josh

Download and install picasa. Then, the "download with picasa" link at the top of the album page will work. It saves them to your HD somewhere picasa choses...

P-J, I am sorry to see that people have irritated you enough that you are throwing in the towel. I have not yet started my electric build but I have been planning it knowing that I could come here and get qualified help when needed. There is a lot of experience in this community but you seem to have been the single soul who was willing to make the extra effort to ensure that people were completing their builds in a safe manner. I hope that you will re-consider your decision. If you do not know that you have helped countless people, and inspired many others to make the jump and try something..

P -J,

You have a lot of friends, fans, admirers here. Never heard your name before today, but from reading all the great posts from people sending their praise to you about your willingness to help. I just wonder what could of made you leave. That's your business.

Why did you leave?

Well that sucks P-J. I thank you again for your help and I couldn't have built my EHERMS setup without your diagrams. Hopefully you stick around because your advice was priceless. Thanks again, John

I am absolutely floored with the posts in this thread.

I took a few days to think and get a grip on a few realities in my life.

I'm now choosing to stay and participate on this forum as I do really have a lot of fun with the mind jumps that are presented to me and the participation of everyone wanting to advance to electric brewing.

Yes, I'm now a Lifetime Member (from a Premium Supporter) - but not in the way it's suggested. I will not explain.

I have decided to continue with my participation on this forum and will ignore the things and people that trouble me.

I have restored all of the diagrams that I have posted and continue to participate as best that I can.

Please forgive my Senior Moments.

P-J

P-J,

I'm really glad to see that you're sticking around. As I told you in email, I've used my electric setup that you helped me with a number of times now with great success.

I'm currently converting to a HERMS with the same controller and will start a new clean thread to show it all when I get it set up.
:mug:

I'm just beginning to start to think about considering my electric build, as I tend to be a bit of a doofus when it comes to engines and electricity... So pleased you'll be here to take a look and let me know if I'm about to blow myself up :)

We should all be sending you bottles of homebrew instead of messages on HBT !!!

I'm now choosing to stay and participate on this forum as I do really have a lot of fun with the mind jumps that are presented to me and the participation of everyone wanting to advance to electric brewing.

P-J

Not only are we fun, we're cute too! :rockin:

HE'S BACK. awesome news. Good to have you around big guy, many thanks from the past present and future.

Back