What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Some good $hit right here.

image-1421485674.jpg

What are those silver cylindrical things in the background? I was a little disturbed till I zoomed in and realized they're not what they look like they are without zooming. Lol
As for the beer. I've heard good things about that one. I just wish it was available here.

What are those silver cylindrical things in the background? I was a little disturbed till I zoomed in and realized they're not what they look like they are without zooming. Lol
As for the beer. I've heard good things about that one. I just wish it was available here.

The three grey things on the box of tea? Those are Mio bottles. The other black and metal deal is the coffee pot. I'm curious.... What did they look like before zooming?

NordeastBrewer77 said:
The three grey things on the box of tea? Those are Mio bottles. The other black and metal deal is the coffee pot. I'm curious.... What did they look like before zooming?

Ah....mio bottles. I just couldn't figure out what those were. From now on I'll just look at the beer in pictures and not worry about the background. :)

NordeastBrewer77 said:

Don't play dumb with us, you sick freak.

My batch of White House Honey Porter!!! Not from a kit, just my all-grain adaptation of the recipe as they provided it.

A Belgian I made almost 6 months ago. Trying to decide whether to enter it as a Tripel, Saison, or Belgian Specialty (Strong Saison).

Meanwhile, watching the election & thinking, "Thank god only one of these guys can win."

My FEZPA (fekkin' EZ pale ale)

HPIM1346.jpg

One of the recipes I like to brew when I don't have time for an all grain day. Steep one lb light crystal (I used .5 c 10, .5 carapils), add .5 lb of dextrose, boil for 30 mins with 1.75 oz cascade at 30 and 4 ozs finishing hops (Yakima Valley goldings in this one) at knockout (whirlpool and steep for ~30 mins). 7.4 lbs LME added into whirlpool and steeped (6 lb Briess golden, 1.4 lb Alexander's pale). us-05. Dry hop with an oz of something (cascade).
Really simple brew day and it always nets a solid session beer. Really good with Simcoe/Amarillo for the knockout add.

weirdboy said:
Election night beverage is this 60 schilling on nitro....mmmmmm. I also had a small drink of my homebrewed mild. Might go back to that if I'm still thirsty

Now see? Dammit.. I wish I could get that in cans instead of skunked bottles :/

This was actually sent to me in a trade...I can't find them around here, either.
It is FANTASTIC in these cans, whereas I pretty much hate drinking it out of the bottles. I don't know why every UK brewery thinks it's a good idea to export their beers in clear glass bottles.

weirdboy said:
This was actually sent to me in a trade...I can't find them around here, either.
It is FANTASTIC in these cans, whereas I pretty much hate drinking it out of the bottles. I don't know why every UK brewery thinks it's a good idea to export their beers in clear glass bottles.

I wrote Belhaven and they claim that it somehow is more ecological, saving some 20,000 tons of glass a year. I don't see how, they never got into that.

weirdboy said:
They could save even more glass if they just used cans...

Right? The most widely recycled material on earth, and as a bonus your beer doesn't taste like booty.

Election night beverage is this 60 schilling on nitro....mmmmmm. I also had a small drink of my homebrewed mild. Might go back to that if I'm still thirsty

Good call, I need to get me some of those.

You can........ see what I did there? :cross:

No, really Bottle, PM me and we'll take care of your bottle (or can) envy.

I don't know why every UK brewery thinks it's a good idea to export their beers in clear glass bottles.

I think that they think it's fancy... just like the German's and green bottles. Bellhaven used to bottle their Twisted Thistle IPA in brown, amazing. Switched to clear recently, arse.

HPIM1348.jpg

HPIM1349.jpg
Found a few goodies trying to hide in the kegerator. Weirdboy, I believe the Caldera came from you, thanks. It's a really nice IPA.

HPIM1352.jpg
This is also a really nice IPA. I'm a sucker for the English style, so this one's right up my alley. Lots of American hops character, but the balance is perfect. Nice malt and fruit-y yeast flavors blend really well with floral/fruit-y hops. Awesome beer.

Since my wife is gluten intolerant, I had a Belgian gluten-free beer called Green's...horrible, horrible. Had to pour it down the drain bad!

nukebrewer said:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Very awesome IPA courtesy of my new BFF, NordeastBrewer77.

That's an awesome IPA! I brewed a clone and its one of my favorites. I've never had the original, but if its as good as the clone I brewed, then it's a winner.

Back