Another use for Sweet Mead/Wine Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt1776

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a vial of WHite Labs Sweet Mead/WIne yeast (description below) that I bought while my first ever batch of JAOM mead was still fermenting.

I've decided thatI really don't like the taste of mead (not to offend anyone). Any suggestions for something else I could use the yeast for?

I've tried a batch of apple/blueberry cider that I could replicate using more Blueberry Juice, or maybe all blueberry. But I wanted to get someone else's take. I'm open to anything new. Due to space contraints I'll only be using my 1 gallon carboy/jug, so pitching enough yeast won't be an issue.

WLP720 Sweet Mead/Wine Yeast:
A wine yeast strain that is less attenuative than WLP715, leaving some residual sweetness. Slightly fruity and will tolerate alcohol concentrations up to 15%. A good choice for sweet mead and cider, as well as Blush wines, Gewürztraminer, Sauternes, Riesling.
Alcohol Tolerance: 15%
Attenuation: <75%
Flocculation: Low
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 70-75°F

Thanks for all the input in advance,
Matt

Back