Kicked my first keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
Woowoo! Let's celebrate with a pint! Waaaaait a minute... :mug: Actually my ESB is almost carbed up, so it shouldn't be long before the beer is flowing again.

I put this beer on tap 8/21. Last night was 9/30. A keg in a month. Not bad for just me drinking it :)

I cleaned the lines with BLC then fresh water. Do you guys drain the lines, or just leave them full of water until the next keg goes on?

-Joe

About the cleaning keg lines comment:

I just cleaned my keg lines for the first time with BLC after using them for 1 year. I left the beer in the lines between each batch. The lines did stay cold in the kegerator.

I haven't noticed any problems.

I hate to tell you, but my first keg lasted just a tad over one week. But, in my defense, it was over the Christmas holidays. No, I didn't have any company at all, but my kids drove me crazy and it was so easy to just pull a pint or six whenever I wanted. Plus, you know that a keg is only like 40 pints? Well, that certainly won't last long if you drink 4-5 per day.

I don't have a problem! I don't! I can stop whenever I want.

Wait, what was the question? :D

and it was so easy to just pull a pint or six whenever I wanted. Plus, you know that a keg is only like 40 pints? Well, that certainly won't last long if you drink 4-5 per day.

I don't have a problem! I don't! I can stop whenever I want.

Wait, what was the question? :D

Yeah way to easy when you have beer on tap in the garage........plus there aren't any empties for SWMBO to count up and gripe about!

kegs go a lot faster than bottles I have found . I really think my son comes over and has a few pints when I'm not home . And everyone knows that 5 gallons in a keg is less than 5 gallons in bottles right?

thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

...I don't have a problem! I don't! I can stop whenever I want...

You know...if you just use small sampling glasses...they don't count at all. :D

Sample1.jpg

Back