I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airborneguy said:
Man this thread moved fast! Speaking of hunting again, I was wrong about my dinner. I brought the last of a pork roast with apples and carrots. Tomorrow I'll start working on the venison leftovers. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a freak about finishing all of our leftovers. I go through them very methodically. Honestly, I probably have a little OCD in regards to finishing things. I do it with soap, spices, leftovers, drinks, etc.

Yeah I hate wasting food. Fortunately it's hard to do with three boys in the house. I'll make an absolutely enormous amount of food and we'll eat it one night, I'll pack a lunch, and we'll have it the next night and then it's done.

One of the guys from my precinct was sent to Staten Island today to cover some of the hurricane damage posts that we still have. He stopped by my house when I got home. Not the best picture, but:

553191_10200359394497670_2050435398_n.jpg

Looking at your pic, I have a funny feeling that more than one perp wishes he knew about your military training before deciding to get froggy.

;) I have a, let's say, "presence" when I need it, but only when I need it. My old partner told a few perps to fight with him and not me because he would be able to get them under control without hurting them, but since I don't have the weight to take them right down, well... :D

You look like someone. Maybe someone I went to school with or worked with years ago. Not sure but you look very familiar.

A lot of your colleagues in the NYPD don't look physically imposing, but I dont think they'd hire anyone who couldnt throw or take a punch if it came down to it. Also, you guys travel in packs ;).

Well I'm not going to lie, that helps with some of the nervousness early on. But once you learn that a minute in a fight is an eternity, you realize that yourself and your partner are all you can really rely on. If it is still going on when the cavalry gets there, you have serious problems. My days of that stuff are mostly over anyway. Unless I drive up on something, I'm not the first car to get there now anyway. My job is to manage. ;)

Well I'm not going to lie, that helps with some of the nervousness early on. But once you learn that a minute in a fight is an eternity, you realize that yourself and your partner are all you can really rely on. If it is still going on when the cavalry gets there, you have serious problems. My days of that stuff are mostly over anyway. Unless I drive up on something, I'm not the first car to get there now anyway. My job is to manage. ;)

Back in the day when I was much younger.....Much much younger I used to fight about every weekend. Just seemed like the thing to do back then and thank god I outgrew that silly stage. Anyway I think the fight is won or lost in the first few seconds. If you can wade in and flat out get a few good punches in right off the get go it seems like they are stunned enough that you can keep the off balance

And yes I got my butt whupped plenty of times as well :smack:

Speaking of cops and physical strength, did you see that 12 cops in the South Bronx lifted a taxicab off a man?

Does that happen often? "Driving up on something". Just randomly notice a crime in progress whilst patroling?

Why do I feel like this story is going to be amusing and incoherent...

So I was walking down the road barefoot, 2 children in tow(both had shoes on), one in each hand, and blood dripping down my leg(knee injury), I was wearing shorts. How dare they say I was the aggressor!!!! I was attempting to leave!!! You know, just walk away!!

Next thing I know, patrol car, beep beep! pull over! I'm already on the side of the road!!! Then I am surrounded, why do you need 4 cop cars and 6 or 7 officers to deal with a barefoot woman and 2 children!!! Go to that house there, I said.... I didn't start this mess. Handcuffs come out... somehow I started something that I was just trying to get away from. All charges dropped in the end.

Promise me that this isnt the gentleman who has been laid up for the past couple weeks...

No, my younger years.... kids are both grown now, I'm remarried. And the "gentleman" has been laid up since March of last year, not just the past couple weeks. I can deal with 2 weeks just fine. What I can't deal with is a never ending story. No real hope, just a flimsy rope for a life line. Ready to snap at any minute. Surgery was just to make him more comfortable, not a cure. :mad:

BobbiLynn is he really that ill?

I am not joking about this, yes. I really am in a horrible position and just trying to deal with it best I can. His skin is gray, bags hanging off of him catching stuff... doesn't really get much worse. :mad: I am angry about all the broken promises... trying to get on with my life. Separate myself from the situation as much as I can... brew some more beer... drink it....

Airborneguy said:
One of the guys from my precinct was sent to Staten Island today to cover some of the hurricane damage posts that we still have. He stopped by my house when I got home. Not the best picture, but:
Good looking kids! Where does the older one get that hair from?
Airborneguy said:
;) I have a, let's say, "presence" when I need it, but only when I need it. My old partner told a few perps to fight with him and not me because he would be able to get them under control without hurting them, but since I don't have the weight to take them right down, well... :D
In my town most of the cops are smaller guys. I keep a watch on the arrest logs and about 20% of the arrests are drunk and disorderly. And they are all very battered looking ;) looks like these guys have to follow the same school of thought.

I like this time of day on the forum. Keys on the keyboard stay in the same spot and I can remember what I was going to type after I start typing

Now if I can only remember where I am everything would be just lovely:ban:

I like this time of day on the forum. Keys on the keyboard stay in the same spot and I can remember what I was going to type after I start typing

Now if I can only remember where I am everything would be just lovely:ban:

Well... it's midnight somewhere!! Who says the night owls can't communicate during the day!! Hmmm... but where is the day time music?

Tractoooor!!!!! I milk my cowwwwwwws! How in the hell did you find that? Now, after listening to the daytime music, I suddenly want to rip someone's head off. Pink Floyd was nice though, maybe blowing something up would be more fun.

Well you see my mind is a marvelous thing that works in mysterious ways. That is my story and I am sticking to it while my wife will say I am just plain nuts.

I pretty much like all music and listen to all of it some of the time. I do not enjoy just one genre all the time all day long. That would drive me nuts

I am not joking about this, yes. I really am in a horrible position and just trying to deal with it best I can. His skin is gray, bags hanging off of him catching stuff... doesn't really get much worse. :mad: I am angry about all the broken promises... trying to get on with my life. Separate myself from the situation as much as I can... brew some more beer... drink it....

I am very sorry to hear this. Hopefully he doesn't suffer like this for long.

I am very sorry to hear this. Hopefully he doesn't suffer like this for long.

Thanks... life goes on for the rest of us... the next 2 days I am going to be brewing like mad including my first AG. Family is holding on to hope he will get better, I'm not that optimistic. 4% chance of surviving this, but missing body parts that can not be replaced with modern science. Sorry to bring up such a glum subject, but, well, that's what I am dealing with. He's 52.

Hey BobbiLynn,

You know that here you are cared for. Airborne is a tough ass in many ways but he also has a great heart and I think he hurts for you. Why do I bring up the ABG? Cause he is a real man, he can be a very tough guy, has to be in his role in life.. Nuff said. I think we all understand that.

BL. Just know we here on HBT admire and support you. You are going through very tough times with your husband's sickness. If i ever have to go through something similar I hope to be as brave as you.

You will always have a place to find comfort here on HBT. Even if me or ABG are not around.

Bless you girl.

Thanks... life goes on for the rest of us... the next 2 days I am going to be brewing like mad including my first AG. Family is holding on to hope he will get better, I'm not that optimistic. 4% chance of surviving this, but missing body parts that can not be replaced with modern science. Sorry to bring up such a glum subject, but, well, that's what I am dealing with. He's 52.

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers to you. I'm 53 so I know how young he still is and how hard it is on all of you.

Know that you have mine and my family's prayers. And if you need or want to talk, I'm sure there's noone in this thread that will be anything but appreciative and supportive.

Do you have a song that makes you feel great? Here is mine. No judging please. Peace and happiness to you, always....

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a song that makes you feel great? Here is mine. No judging please. Peace and happiness to you, always....

He reminds me of Counting Crows... remember Mr. Jones and Round Here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back