Interesting Beer News for North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Red Oak's good stuff. I don't make it that far east too much, but it's fun to peak in when you're running down I-40.

Has red oak started bottling yet? I had heard they were going to...love that stuff...definitely in my top 5 and that's saying a lot.

wilsojos said:
Has red oak started bottling yet? I had heard they were going to...love that stuff...definitely in my top 5 and that's saying a lot.

Yes, I have found it in the Charlotte area at Lowes foods and Earth Fare. I would think others would have it as well.

I had beers at NoDa Brewing today. They have a Rye IPA (94 ibu, 8.6% ABV) that was very well balanced and went down way too smooth.

Pogopunx82 said:
Its also noted that New Belgium will be looking forward to opening a brewery in Asheville. The city's going to give them tax cuts. Small breweries are pissed. SN (may) open a brewery in Black Mountain which is right outside of asheville. Hopefully I can get a job at either one!

Oskar blues has also said they are going to open an East Coast brewery and Pub in NC

I've only had a couple... never saw the SN Rye until recently... I don't think it's been around here long. Now I wish they had the tall boys (we have torepedo and pale ale)... those are one of my top picks for homebrew bottles... less work and they are the only 24s short enough to fit in my crates and allow me to stack them. :)

chrilr said:
Sierra nevada will not come to nc after the defense of marriage act was passed

Where did you hear this? Post your references I would love to know this is legit before I start telling people this.

TNGabe said:

It is bs, I attended the release parties for the collaboration beers brewed by sierra and the asheville breweries just last night. They already have the building mostly constructed and hope to be brewing beer by june of 2013

Back