Hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burshaw

Reaction score
Just finnished siphoning my first jug of cider! It looks fantastic and tasted amazing any tips on how long it should sit till its drinkable?

It depends on personal taste and to some degree, on its ABV.
Most people suggest at least a few weeks, if not a few months, some people even manage to let theirs sit for years (not many can wait that long) but I'm not sure it'd generally benefit from ageing that long.
Ciders get better with age because harsher flavours tend to mellow out with time.

Just finnished siphoning my first jug of cider! It looks fantastic and tasted amazing any tips on how long it should sit till its drinkable?

Hard Cider is drinkable as soon as it's done fermenting. But depending on your taste, let it sit. Maybe try samples, after week, 2 weeks, 1 month, etc, and see what you enjoy the most.

Fantastic thank you my wife is due to have our baby in June so will be perfect for summer

Back