Roasted Red Pepper Beer Cheese Soup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
Sauteed shallots and garlic, reduced 10 oz ESB to syrup consistency over low heat, added 10 oz chicken stock, 6 oz cream, roasted pepper, and about a cup and a half of assorted cheese (add in small increments off the heat).

Pureed with immersion blender.

DSC01192.JPG

Beautiful looking soup, and I bet it tasted great. What type of red peppers did you use? Red bell peppers, I'm guessing. I have a nice one ready to harvest in my garden, so I might try this.

I'm thinking some ripe red jalepenos would work too.

yum.

tonight was a corn chowder with roasted onion and a slice of toasted 4 cheese sourdough bread.

no pix as I was busy eating and drinking multiple Honey Cream ales. :cross:

yum.

tonight was a corn chowder with roasted onion and a slice of toasted 4 cheese sourdough bread.

no pix as I was busy eating and drinking multiple Honey Cream ales. :cross:
I freaking love corn chowder! One of the things where if I see it on a menu at a restaurant, I instantly order it. Great stuff.

Going to try to get into soups/stews this year as the weather drops. This is only the second or third soup (from scratch) I've made.

Cool deal. I miss my immersion blender, the battery bit the dust. I got it for $5 though brand new, so I guess I can't complain. Next one will be commercial duty.

Back