Crazy Idea for Flat Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesioMedia

Reaction score
Hi,

So I just brewed my first beer, AHS Dry Stout, and it is amazing!!! Absolutely delicious, However it is a little flat for my taste.

I was wondering if I purchased a soda siphon and filled it with my half carbed stout if I could use it do have a nicely carbed beer?

Sounds like it would work. I mean it takes flat water and carbs it for you so why not beer? I would test it first with water though, see what level of carb it gives water. If your beer is already partially carbed it may over carb it. Def worth a shot.

I assume its bottled since you say its your first. Is that correct? If so, you can probably just wait another week and it will most likely get more carb'ed assuming you used 3/4 cup priming sugar. How long has it been since you bottled it?

If you primed each bottle individually, some may be more carb'ed than others.

I assume its bottled since you say its your first. Is that correct? If so, you can probably just wait another week and it will most likely get more carb'ed assuming you used 3/4 cup priming sugar. How long has it been since you bottled it?

If you primed each bottle individually, some may be more carb'ed than others.

I used carb tablets so they are pretty uniform. They are nicely carbed but a little on the flat side.

They sat @ 65 DEG for 6 weeks.

Im going to give it a shot.

Back