Pricing out my kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebag22

Reaction score
I've looked around for probabably 3-4 weeks and priced out all of the major components and come up with the following.

Fridge: sanyo 4912 ($210) this fridge will be in the kitchen , so a cheaper used fridge will not work for our needs
kegs: ($90) I can get 4 kegs shipped for $90 on ebay
co2: ($60) 5lb tank from micromatic
regulator ($45) dual regulator from micromatic
draft tower ($100) dual draft tower from ebay

Thats over $500 and that is not including lines and fittings. I just don't see how I can make one cheaper than a real deal kegerator I can buy pre made.

Well, of course the 4 kegs wouldn't come with a real deal kegerator, so it's still less than $500. :) But I'm not one to talk - I have so much invested in my keezer at this point!!

EDIT: Also, does the real kegerator come with the fittings you'd need for homebrew? Or is it for commercial sanke kegs? If sanke, then you'll need to buy fittings anyway.

Typical premade kegerators also only have one tap on the tower and if you're getting a 4912, I'm assuming you'll watch a 2 tap tower.

Almost all of the ones that you see in stores are setup for Sanke kegs straight from a distributor. You would need to spend additional money in hardware to be able to connect cornies to it.

As has already been mentioned here, the ready-to-go kegerators are single faucet, although I have seen some that have 2 faucets intended for use with two 1/6 Sanke kegs. You would either have to drill into the tower and purchase a faucet/shank/line, or buy a new tower altogether.

Back