Orange Blossom Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Zest and juice from 2 large oranges - clean well to remove pesticides!
2lbs orange blossom honey
8oz wildflower honey
1/5th AHS fruit mead pack
1/4 tsp Fermax Yeast Nutrient
1/2tsp Yeast Energizer
Fill w/ water

This must smells GREAT!!! There's nothin like fresh orange juice and zest! I expect this to be GREAT in 6-8 months. This is a little different than JAOM, a little more modern yeast, no bitter rinds to mellow out after fermentation, and I didn't add any spice to this. This will get back sweetened with some more orange blossom after it finishes to counter the bitterness, so get yourself some Potassium Sorbate and Campden tablets to knock out the remaining yeast after you rack to secondary. :drunk:

I'll be trying this as my first batch to be set up during our Meadlennium 2011 event.

Zest and juice from 2 large oranges - clean well to remove pesticides!
2lbs orange blossom honey
8oz wildflower honey
1/5th AHS fruit mead pack
1/4 tsp Fermax Yeast Nutrient
1/2tsp Yeast Energizer
Fill w/ water

This must smells GREAT!!! There's nothin like fresh orange juice and zest! I expect this to be GREAT in 6-8 months. This is a little different than JAOM, a little more modern yeast, no bitter rinds to mellow out after fermentation, and I didn't add any spice to this. This will get back sweetened with some more orange blossom after it finishes to counter the bitterness, so get yourself some Potassium Sorbate and Campden tablets to knock out the remaining yeast after you rack to secondary. :drunk:

I am going to try this recipe. Is it posible to prime this Mead when I bottle it and if it can be primed how much priming sugar would I use?

Roger

Back