Wort Aerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william2010

Reaction score
I bought a new aerator and I see diagrams of the tube going through the bung and down into the carboy. How do you do this and nor create pressure for there is no where for it.to escape

If your talking about those attachments that go on the end of the siphon tube. You want to point side up so when wort hits that it makes it splash causing air by spreading it out more consistantly when transferring.

Pressure???? No comprende. YOu taliking one of those bubblers?,?Never really thought of that though but,now Im seing what you are making sense of ,like air in a balloon? Im interested in some other answers myself,now. HOw does that work for 30 min with an airtight seal? Wouldnt it be like pumping a bike tire up? It must not create enough pressure in the time frame.

Well the picture was of the aerator with a tube going into a carboy bung through where a airlock would normally sit . So can I just put it in my primary bucket and aerate away not worry about anything?

2012-09-18_20-38-56.jpg

petree3 said:
The most dramatic thing that could happen is the bung could be slowly pushed out, you should be fine!

That's a good point. I didn't think about the fact that it wouldn't stay there. But you never know. I am doing it in a bucket anyways.

Back