Anybody brewing this beautifull saturday afternoon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsh

Reaction score
Anybody brewing this beautifull saturday afternoon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just doughed in for my Belgian Breet PA. I have been having prolems with my efficiency. I beleive it was my PH. I just added a few drop of Phosphoric acid and it brougt it right down to 5.2

My water is extremly soft, has a PH of 7.6

I'm excited. this will be my 23rd batch in 15 months.

Hoppy Brewing.

Josh Hops

ROck!

Got roped into working today. Going to be brewing for the first time in over a year tomorrow.

That is no bueno. I took today off from the supply store to brew and relax.

FIOrst time in over a year? What are you brewing? Ag or extract?

I was planning on Brewing tomorrow Morning, Mashing in at 0600 hrs., but I was just outside and Man O' Man is it niiiiice.

brewin right now. just dumped a bucket full of snow into my strike water.

Was your strike water too hot? or did it for s's and g's? I'm chilling my wort as we speak. I'm sad, I want to brew another batch with all of this time left in the day. But I suppose I have two batches to bottle. but not nearly as enjoyable. Guess I will have another brew to ponder the situation....

I love red ales. Brewed a Razzle Dazzle Red. Yummy in me tummy. are you painting the outside of your house?

Hell no, it just snowed 4 inches. lol. I've been re-painting the kitchen and dining area for the last couple days. Looks like I'll be brewing tomorrow though.

Brewing my third all-grain right now! I assume it's going well, but I don't know for sure. My first two are still in primary right now! My first 7 or 8 batches were extract, then I did a couple of partial mashes and it was much easier than I expected so I jumped up to all grain. But I'm brewing on an electric stove so I can only do half batches :(

Anyway, the one I'm brewing right now is a Captain Crunch ESB :rockin: Should be a lot of fun! After this I'll have these three brews waiting while I finish up the three that are already in my kegerator. Next weekend I'm planning to do a 2.5 gallon all-grain barley wine to be bottled. It should be fun to have something to just sit on a shelf in a closet for a year or so! I hear it may be difficult to get a decent efficiency with such a strong brew, but I guess I'll just wait and see how things go!

Brewing my third all-grain right now! I assume it's going well, but I don't know for sure. My first two are still in primary right now! My first 7 or 8 batches were extract, then I did a couple of partial mashes and it was much easier than I expected so I jumped up to all grain. But I'm brewing on an electric stove so I can only do half batches :(

Anyway, the one I'm brewing right now is a Captain Crunch ESB :rockin: Should be a lot of fun! After this I'll have these three brews waiting while I finish up the three that are already in my kegerator. Next weekend I'm planning to do a 2.5 gallon all-grain barley wine to be bottled. It should be fun to have something to just sit on a shelf in a closet for a year or so! I hear it may be difficult to get a decent efficiency with such a strong brew, but I guess I'll just wait and see how things go!

What do you mean by efficiency? The extracted sugars from the grain? As long as your mash temp is there and your ph. as well, you shouldnt have a problem converting the starches to sugars. Do you know how to calculate your efficiency?

Was your strike water too hot? or did it for s's and g's? I'm chilling my wort as we speak. I'm sad, I want to brew another batch with all of this time left in the day. But I suppose I have two batches to bottle. but not nearly as enjoyable. Guess I will have another brew to ponder the situation....

nope, just a little freshly falled snow to put me in the brewin mood.

Back