Beersmith questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
So I have a recipe input but Im not sure if its adjusted for my equipment. For example it says to start with a boil volume of 6 gallons for 5 gall batch. Well in 60 minutes I boil off more like 1.6 gallons. How to incorporate that into this specific recipe. Also what about mash tun temps before the mash? I can see the boil off option on the right but when I change that it doesnt incorporate it into my recipe...

Thanks all!

Edit: Found it; the details buttons next to equipment and mash profiles in the recipe view...Berrsmith is AMAZING!

Although...I now have another question. This says that my IIPA is only 43 calories per pint. Either im gonna be rich or I still have some input to do. Is there something I need to set up to correct this?

Edit: Found this too; I simply updated the measured OG and FG.

Now last question: Has anyone tried the sample recipes in Beersmith?

looks like you answered your question about boiloff. You actually put in the % boiloff you normally experience.

Also, the program takes no considerations about mash tun temperature. You must preheat. I do this by dumping in water that is warmer than my strike temp and letting it cool down.

there is actually a place you can put the temp of you mash tun (pre-mash) and it will automatically adjust the strike water temp for you...

Back