commerical Ciders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accorn46

Reaction score
I was wondering I've tried almost all of the commerical ciders that I can find in my area of Ky and (hornsby,k cider,woodpecker,woodchuck,I'm not really sure they all kind of taste to dry to me I'm looking for something that's a little sweeter but I'm not sure if anything is made sweeter then woodchuck,has anyone had any luck finding sweet cider in any stores?

Thanks

Wow, I personally think woodchuck cider is cloyingly sweet.

I'm not sure you're going to find anything much sweeter than woodchuck, but I haven't really looked. I would suggest making some simple syrup and adding an ounce or two per glass to sweeten up to your desire.

Strongbow Cider (UK) is a sweet cider. And, Woodchuck isn't considered a "sweet cider" and I think it's about as dry as the others mentioned.

srm775 said:
Strongbow Cider (UK) is a sweet cider. And, Woodchuck isn't considered a "sweet cider" and I think it's about as dry as the others mentioned.

Strongbow is actually fairly dry compared to somthing like Honrsby or Woodchuck. I honestly don't know if there is anything out there sweeter than those.

Jekster said:
Strongbow is actually fairly dry compared to somthing like Honrsby or Woodchuck. I honestly don't know if there is anything out there sweeter than those.

I haven't drank Hornsby or Woodchuck in at least 15 years, but I remember them being fairly dry. I know that Strongbow is the only one of the three with an addition of unfermentable sugar lactose. You can read it here

J.K. Scrumpy's is a really good, organic hard cider. It's VERY apple-y and sweet. I don't know if you can find it where you are, but maybe one of your reliable shops can order it in for you.

scrumpys.jpg

what kinds of ciders have you tried ? I've tried woodchuck,woodpecker,k cider,strongbow,hornsby's,that's all I can think of right now thinking in the next couple of days trying original sin apple cider has anyone tried this brand?:mug::D:ban:

Back