Thinking about electric, need advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdpx4c

Reaction score
It's about to get cold here before too long in middle America. I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for heating elements to add to HTL tanks and/or boil kettles. A stainless pot and converted keg. If possible I would like to not have to rewire any electrical outlets and stick to the 20a in the kitchen. I just do 5 gallon batches and if it takes a little longer to boil or reach strike temps that's fine if I don't have to do any electrical conversions ( in college and I rent). Am new to electric heating so I may need a description from bottoms up. I have the main idea behind electric conversion and I want to mount the on/off / thermostat on the side of the HTL/BK I really just don't know exactly what to purchase.

You'll need a step bit or KO punch for the hole. 1.25" hole is needed. You'll also want to "pot" your element connections. Make sure the 20 amp outlet you use is a gfci.

2000W is about perfect for a 5-6 gallon boil.

Back