A moment of silence

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nalidixic

Reaction score
Well my first ever batch of beer is GONE! It took me about 5 weeks to drink a full 5 gallons. The good news is that I've got another 5 gallons that's about a week away from being ready to bottle.

How long does it take you to drink a full batch?

Four hours to six weeks ... Depends on who's around ... Last Superbowl seriously damaged my pipeline ...

Just cashed a keg I packaged 4 weeks ago... and I was gone for a week and have 3 taps... so...

It varies for me. My batches usually last about 5 weeks. I've had one gone within one day before, when I had friends over. With the summer coming up, and co-workers really wanting to try my brews, I am working double time to try and keep up with demand. I expect to go through 10gallons one night this summer... we'll see.

Tough to say. I currently have three taps, so if I'm kicking 5 gallons a month, that means I'm really going through 3x 5 gallon kegs every three months, since I don't always drink the same thing. And I'm trying to move up to a 5x or 6x tap system shortly.

The fastest I've gone through a 5 gal keg, though, is 2 hours. Oktoberfest!

I kind of have beer ADD. I like the brewing and tasting of the product, then I like to move on and keep trying new commercial beers or other homebrews. So I end up giving most of my beers away.

I'd say I probably drink half of my batches usually...

I don't put beer on tap for a few reasons, but one is how quickly I would go through it. At least with bottles after a dozen you've got all those little soldiers staring at you reminding you it's probably time for bed.

Depending on which of my friends come over we'll easily go through 5 gallons in a night, which is another reason why I always have 5-8 beers on hand. Gotta keep the pipeline full...you never know when a party is going to break out!

A keg lasts about two weeks at our house. I drink a lot of beer, and so does my spouse. Both of us have quite a few glasses every night, although we never drink to where we're buzzed or drunk.

We have three beers on tap, and it seems like I"m changing kegs every week or so.

I give away bottles, as I typically only drink 2-3 beers per week at the most. Yeah, I am a ridiculous lightweight.

I'm looking at a bottle from batch #2 right now, it's about 3 years old. I typically have gonna through my batches very slowly. I just started kegging though, so I expect that to change. First batch that I kegged lasted about a week and a half. Still need to finish these ~50 bottles of beer that have been sitting around for 1 - 3 years.

I usually try and get 2-3 months out of a batch. Problem is the American Amber Ale I brewed last is too danged tasty and I think it will only last a month. The Cream Ale that followed it is umm well lets just say also tasty.

When I had my kegerator running, i went thru 15 five gallon kegs in 11 months. That is 800 12 oz beers. or 2.5 beers a day. Now that was mostly me and a friend, but we did have some parties in-between. I currently have 8 gallons bottled and Its been about 3 weeks since they were drinkable. I haven't burned too many up though, since I am activly trying not to power thru them and have supplimented some commmercial brews.

Back