What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jak1010 said:
Nice! Good beer or a working washing machine? What a choice! Hopefully soon you'll have both and a few new rooms.

A mixture of both. I'm having a beer after picking up a new(to me) washing machine this evening. Some very generous friends of mine gave us their newish washing mashing because they're moving into a furnished place and needed to get rid of it. Now, I just need to get the room it's going in rebuilt.

Yeah. My personal opinion is that it is good, but not great. The hops just don't live up to what I have in my head a triple IPA should be based on the best double IPAs I've had. As I mentioned when I had this beer, I don't think triple IPA is a legitimate style. Throwing more hops and malt at a DIPA doesn't make it a triple IPA, it makes it an American barleywine, and this beer doesn't even do that. It's a passable DIPA at best.

I don't get too caught up in style guidelines...too many questions with different answers depending on who you talk to. Where is the line drawn between a standard IPA and a double IPA? Is it ABV? 7.5% or 8%...is Ruination still a double IPA by today's standards? Is there such thing as a triple IPA? If there is does that make 120 minute IPA a quadruple IPA? All I know is Green Bullet isn't that good, and I'm kinda pissed I dropped $15 on 4 bottles of it tonight. Maybe if I drink them all tonight and then open up my cellar for a night cap I'll feel like I got my $$$'s worth.

Knee deep brewing midnight hoppyness..

I meant to make sure I tried some Knee Deep brews when I went back home to CA to visit in August but didn't. How is there stuff, generally? One of my friends back there swears Simtra is one of the best IPAs he's had.

Now some of my Edinburgh Session.

image-4293149477.jpg

A couple Guinness and a couple Sammy As octoberfest. Not too exciting but good beer to drink while watching the game.

BGBC said:
Nothing tonight, but just picked up a couple Prairie Somewhere's. Anybody tried it? Better to sit on it for a bit? Or drink soon?

I just picked up a bottle of that last week and promptly drank it and enjoyed the hell out of it!! Life's short. Drink it now. It could probably do well with some time, but why wait. I mean, at that price, but three. Drink one now, age one a few mo this and then lay the third down for a year or two. See what happens! I think mine was about $8+change as well. Good price for how good it is!

I smashed my last Dark Truth Stout while watching the baseball game and learning the intricacies of the 737-800NGX hydraulic system. Some good light reading! I recommend it!

Hop Stoopid Ale. Blasted by hoppy goodnes right when I popped the top off. Is good as it smells, I had to suffer through a 12 pack sampler of sam adams before going out and getting a sampler group of my own choosing. Looking for ideas for my next brew.

A tisket a tasket I got this beer in my mother fooking MAW basket

Such a great beer.. I would have aged it, but was curious because it already had some time on it.

Nice! I have a 2011 and a 2012 down in the cellar from one of my MAWs. So far I've resisted temptation to crack one open :)

Finally sitting down to a beer. Still had one of these in the back of the beer fridge.
I opened this one just for you Gabe.

You should have blended it with some Hell or High Watermelon. ;)

I don't get too caught up in style guidelines...too many questions with different answers depending on who you talk to. Where is the line drawn between a standard IPA and a double IPA? Is it ABV? 7.5% or 8%...is Ruination still a double IPA by today's standards? Is there such thing as a triple IPA? If there is does that make 120 minute IPA a quadruple IPA? All I know is Green Bullet isn't that good, and I'm kinda pissed I dropped $15 on 4 bottles of it tonight. Maybe if I drink them all tonight and then open up my cellar for a night cap I'll feel like I got my $$$'s worth.

I'm at the point where I think that Green Flash in general is overpriced for the beer you get. It isn't swill, but not worth what they charge.

And onto coffee on this very brisk fall morning!

Coffee and wondering when my shipment from Hops Direct will come in. Anyone have any experience with shipping times from them?

Thought I was gonna work 12, turns out the damn contractor I was working with lied. :( First: Dead Guy, Now: Bell's 2 hearted, Next: Glenlivet. :drunk:

Do you work outside? I would be sad if I had to work outside in freezing temps. Though it's not quite freezing yet, it's 36F.

And can we talk about how my search for "how to use a plate chiller" (I know, it's stupid that I didn't know) results in the related searches to the right? HAHA
Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 7.53.59 AM.jpg

unionrdr said:
5:30AM for me,2 hours later than when I was still working. I'm getting too old for this shizz.:drunk:

I think it becomes ingrained in you after so long. My uncle has been retired for probably 25 + years and he still gets up between 430 and 5 every morning.

Do you work outside? I would be sad if I had to work outside in freezing temps. Though it's not quite freezing yet, it's 36F.

And can we talk about how my search for "how to use a plate chiller" (I know, it's stupid that I didn't know) results in the related searches to the right? HAHA

You cut yourself down too much miss mam. Not a single one of us here knew exactly what a plate chiller was or how it worked until we either looked it up or happened upon the answer on accident.

That said you know you clicked on a few of those other links

For the moment. lol Temp job that pays a lot more than my regular one does. (Firewatch for a refinery turnaround) Probably gonna get laid off and go back to my regular gig in the next week or 2.

Channel66 said:
What did you used to do for a living union?

I'm drinking green tea while I make coffee, teaching a class today, I suppose I shouldn't put whiskey in my coffee.

Whatcha teachin? Something microbiological?

Drinkin more water. Just under a half gallon in already. Will be finally making my new brew kettle 15 gallon with half inch ball valve sight glass blichmann brewmometer. Finally going to brew like a brewer should.

Hello said:
Do you work outside? I would be sad if I had to work outside in freezing temps. Though it's not quite freezing yet, it's 36F. And can we talk about how my search for "how to use a plate chiller" (I know, it's stupid that I didn't know) results in the related searches to the right? HAHA

Since I'm sure you read it, how do you use a colon?! ;) :confused:

Back