stainless steel carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyinsonoma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im interested in a stainless steel carboy for cleaning, etc. Id really like a container that 4 could fit together in my refrigerator to ferment on a brewday. I have a brew magic and its crazy easy to brew with this thing multiple batches. All you do is gravity feed in hlt water and go, so now im looking at ways to store beer/wine/distilled products in small capacity because im getting a 50L holstein still soon. I was just curious if anyone had seen something that would fit the bill. The distilate would need to have a seal and i figure you could technically if it was a typical size bunghole, put a rubber grommet in there for the airlock and utilize it for lots of things.

so now im looking at ways to store beer/wine/distilled products in small capacity because im getting a 50L holstein still soon. I was just curious if anyone had seen something that would fit the bill. The distilate would need to have a seal and i figure you could technically if it was a typical size bunghole, put a rubber grommet in there for the airlock and utilize it for lots of things.

Announcing on the internet that you're planning on distilling spirits probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Let us know how it works out for ya.

Thanks for the advice, im getting a state type 06, type 04, and type 02 and fed license but since you asked or rather assumed im doing something wrong i thought id clarify.

Anyways, back to my point, has anyone seen an inlet adapter air trap for a corny keg? Id like to possibly just snap it onto the inlet since there is no down tube and bleed off co2 out of that during fermentation.

Im trying to spilt my batches up for seperate 5 gallon tests in secondary to play with flavor additions. Ive figured out how to do it ghetto style and cut a hole in it with my conduit punchout tool but id like something more easily addressed without modification.

For anyone who is interested im going to take a ball lock fitting and run the tube out of it into a water bucket. Its not what i wanted but the compact version doesnt seem to exist. I want this to be clean and use stainless steel anywhere possible. I also have a bunch of cornys. I only have one sankey fermenter that i bought with the system, still havent used it though. I should. Maybe with the kolsch.

Found it. This is not my company and I personally don't own one of these stainless steel carboys. I was simply offering it as a suggestion.

Back