Google search vs HBT search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPKDetroit

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when they're trying to research a topic that a google search will often produce a link to an ideal HBT discussion but the same search on HBT, especially when using the app, doesn't produce the same discussion? I changed the search setting to prioritize relevancy but I'm still running into the same problem

Yes. What i prefer doing is going to google.com then in the search bar typing my search as follows:

Site:www.homebrewtalk.com yeast harvesting

Or whatever search terms you want
By typing "site:homebrewtalk.com". This narrows googles results to just those found within hbt.

Use the down arrow on the search button up top. There is a Google search right there.

Easy as pie.

AmandaK said:
Use the down arrow on the search button up top. There is a Google search right there.

Easy as pie.

I'm not see the down arrow. Are you talking about the HBT ap for smart phones?

On the website in a real browser, not the app. The app doesn't have a Google search feature as far as I know.

I have also found that Google searches yield much better and more accurate results. All I do is type my search in and then type something at the beginning or end such as HBT.

I have better luck with the standard Google search as well. As stated above, it's easy to limit to this site, a particular forum, recipe section, wiki, all that stuff. Plus, there are the other operators Google allows that just seem to work better on their site versus some prelimited version or a completely separate engine.

Back