Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traditional and sparkling, at least a bit. Condensation on the glass it is actualy very clear.

image.jpg

Starting from left to right:
2 containers of Cherry Berry, a 3 gal and a 1/2 gal
1 gal of Grandma's Liquid Apple Pie
5 gals of Raspberry Citrus
1 gal (and a bit) of Lemon Basil

Cherry Berry is the oldest at just under 2 months. All are in secondary.

Mead 12-26-15.jpg

Interested in thoughts on WHEN do you drink the mead you have been saving for a year or more? What is the right time? What is the oldest bottle that you eventually opened? I have a few from 2012 and 2013, and always torn between saving for later or enjoying now. Since this is the Post a Picture Thread, here is a collection of some of the ones I am saving.

1271251_10151930308739265_1361555153_o.jpg

Interested in thoughts on WHEN do you drink the mead you have been saving for a year or more? What is the right time? What is the oldest bottle that you eventually opened? I have a few from 2012 and 2013, and always torn between saving for later or enjoying now. Since this is the Post a Picture Thread, here is a collection of some of the ones I am saving.

:off:
Oldest I have had of my basic mead was just over 4 years due to a few mistakes made when sorting through my stash/horde of assorted bottles. Was good but I drink for fun and relaxation not to have my pinky poking off the cup ;) back to the original topic.

I had an acquaintance recently get in some legal issues and after he got back home was selling off his non confiscated gear. Among other things I got these new bottles (3 cases for 30 bucks was hard to refuse) that I will soon start filling up to drink out of. First fancy things other than interesting whiskey bottles I will have ever put my mead in. I am soo cheap :D
Edit* they are 1 liter ez cap blue bottles.

1451523216029403657069.jpg

That is the one I made in November, fermented open-air for about two weeks, and racked in December. My hydrometer got broken so I couldn't take a gravity reading but my guess, according to how much honey to water I used, is that it will finish around 9%. The ale yeast I used did not have a high alcohol tolerance anyway.

image.jpg

My first batch ever made, JAOM:

apDQsTdl.jpg

FYI, by accident on New Year's Eve, we learned that it mixes very well with cheap champagne.

Can't wait to see how the Serrano pepper mead turns out! We made a Pepper Mead with Cayenne, Jalapeños, and Franks Red Hot. Yours sounds a lot hotter!

Cyser I made in September 2015 and racked off the lees in January 2016. Honey was Rowse honey and juice was pressed from local desert apples foraged from a public footpath.

image.jpg

First mead of the year, for me. Original gravity reading was higher but the hydrometer is about 6 points two high when I tested it in water. If it ferments dry should come out around 11%. Had a fruit fly land in it when still in the primary bucket so I'm hoping it'll not turn into honeygar / honey vinegar / mead vinegar.

image.jpg

First mead of the year, for me. Original gravity reading was higher but the hydrometer is about 6 points two high when I tested it in water. If it ferments dry should come out around 11%. Had a fruit fly land in it when still in the primary bucket so I'm hoping it'll not turn into honeygar / honey vinegar / mead vinegar.

Isn't honey mead redundant?:D

Time that I showed my collection. Starting brewing this summer, so haven't bottled anything so far.
From left front to right back:
2*5l clover honey traditional
5l blueberry melomel
5l apple melomel
5l cherry melomel
5l watermelon melomel
5l banana melomel
1.5l balsam honey traditional
1.5l raspberry honey traditional
1.5l summer honey traditional
3*5l jonagold apple cider

20160119_222001.jpg