HOLY CRAP! It actually tastes good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDSanders

Reaction score
I just took a gravity reading and will do one again in three days before bottling. I figured why let the sample go to waste and gave it a taste. It actually tastes good! I figured being my first batch it would taste like cow wizz, but its good. Minus carbonation and time on the bottle of course. I AM HOOKED! I love this hobby!

When I said good I meant for my first beer. Its not great but I am excited for myself

Congratulations! I remember that sensation on my first batch, but now I realize there's no reason to be surprised as long as you have quality ingredients and a good process. Anyhow, it will only get better with time! :mug:

Good but not great is perfect. You are tasting flat, green beer. When it is finished it may be the great you are always hoping for. I started in July and have not been disappointed yet. -- Damn, I just jinxed myself again! --

lumpher said:
welcome to the addiction. i lived in deming for many years myself, as a kid, coincidentally

Bad part about Deming, NM is it is at least an hour and a half to a home brew store. But we got a local brewery/restaurant now. It even has decent beer.

Thanks all for the help.

After a hard days work, sometimes even cow wizz doesn't taste so bad ;) Same thing just happened to me, I"m excited, can't wait for the SG to settle down so I can get it bottled, wait, cool, drink!

Fantastic. The hobby is truly addicting. Hell, I dream about beer these days. I find that first hydrometer test jar sip to be the most wonderful part of brewing. Sampling the first bottle/keg pour is nothing next to that first time your lips touch the wonderful liquid of the gods.

/back to drinking bourbon, damn beer restricting diet

Back