Does this lacto look right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Here's what my berliner weisse looked like last night. Only lacto was pitched. No ale yeast yet.

Z3jWFl.jpg

This is what it looks like today.

IiQU1l.jpg

From the pics that I've seen this doesn't look like an all lacto fermentation, looks like some yeast got in there. I tasted it, tastes fine, some tartness. Nothing off.

What do ya think?

That's what my sour mashes look like but not what my lacto infections look like. I don't know if it's a difference in the volume of sugars available or the rate of lacto fermentation that causes the difference but I wouldn't be worried about it.

thats what my berliner looked like the first day I pitched my lacto. I wouldnt worry, it should turn in to a lacto pellicle (at least mine did after that)

thats what my berliner looked like the first day I pitched my lacto. I wouldnt worry, it should turn in to a lacto pellicle (at least mine did after that)

You were right, the krausen fell and a nice pellicle was visable the next day. Thanks for the reassurance.

Back